Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, South Padre Island
About Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, South Padre Island
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, South Padre Island - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 33261, State Park Road 100, South Padre Island, TX 78597
Ticket Price: 51 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 2.5K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Water Park, River, Leisure, Family And Kids, Water Sport
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A waterpark where one can enjoy the thrills of water slides while on a beach, where one can go from one ride to another without stepping out of the water, where one can while away time in the ‘lazy river’ while waiting in line for ones turn on a ride, where kids and adults can have an equally good time, well, that’s Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark for you.
The Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark is a great summer seasonal waterpark with a wide variety of rides for all ages.
Following are the rides that differentiate the Schltterbahn Beach Waterparrk from all other waterparks:-
- The Rio Adventura is an endless river that connects all of the waterpark’s attractions thereby eliminating the need to step out of the water in between rides.
- The Boogie Bahn 2, is the world’s largest artificial wave creating machine.
- Sea Trek, is an underwater helmet-diving experience that allows visitors to view the native sea life of the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Sandcastle Cove, a five storey sand castle with three levels of water slides and shallow wading pools, is popular amongst children.
- One can also rent a cabana for privacy and relaxation. The cabanas provide a common meeting area, private seating and table side wait service throughout the day.
Outdoor attractions operate mainly in the summer months. An exact schedule of their operational days is available on their website.
Indoor attractions are open all year round in a heated, covered environment.
Maximum of 6 guests per Cabana.
There are various events (like music festivals) that are organised at the SchlitterBahn Beach Waterpark on a very regular basis. The schedule for the same is available on their website.
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark Information
- One can bring their own food and drinks(no alcohol or glass containers).
- Free parking
- Free use of inner tubes and life vests.
- The place is highly crowded on weekends.
- The place also features live entertainment during the summer.
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark Ticket Prices
Seasonal passes and packages that include a stay at their resort can be purchased from their website.
There are various packages available at the Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark. They are as follows:-
- One-Day Indoor Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Fountain Drink, Refills, plus 1 Custom Towel- Save $5 off gate prices.
- General Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Refills, plus 1 Custom Towel (12 to 54yrs) $50.97.
- Child/Senior Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free refills, plus 1 Custom Towel(3-11 & 55+ yrs) $46.97.
One-Day Indoor Admission plus 1 Custom Towel-Save $4 off gate prices.
- General Admission plus 1 Custom Towel (12 to 54 yrs) $40.98.
- Child/Senior Admission plus 1 Custom Towel (3-11 & 55+ yrs) $36.98.
One-Day Indoor Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Fountain Drink, Refills- Save $3 off gate prices.
- General Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Refills (12 to 54yrs) $36.98.
- Child/Senior Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free refills (3-11 & 55+ yrs) $32.98.
One-Day Indoor Admission- Save $2 off gate prices
- One-Day General Admission (12-54 yrs) $26.99.
- One-Day Child/Senior Admission Ticket (3-11 & 55+ yrs) $22.99.
Other Ticket Prices
- All day General Admission for adults (12-54): $50.99
- All-Day Child/Senior Admission (Ages 3-11 and 55 & older) : $38.99
- Two-Day General Admission: $70.99
- Two-Day Child/Senior Admission: $51.99
- Children ages 2 and younger are FREE.
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark Opening and Closing Hours
- Open on weekends during April, May and September.
- Open 7 days per week June through August.
- Maybe open till 7:00pm on some days.
- 10:00am – 6:00pm on some days as per the events.
How To reach Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark by Public Transport
- By rented car from city centre.
Restaurants Near Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- Shrimp Haus
- A Popular Restaurant and El Jefe’s
- A Sports Bar, are present inside the waterpark itself.
- Both of these are open all year around.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in South Padre Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in South Padre Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, South Padre Island Reviews - Write a Review
Great host for the sPI Marathon and expo, we were accommodated and the staff were very professional. At ease for all who were present on the grounds, and they were attentive to our every need when needed. Parking was made easy with the use of the parking permit too!!
We had fun, but two of the water slides were closed. We rented a Cabana and when we took off, some people came and rummaged through our stuff and stole some souvenir cups and other trinkets. Of course, everything of value was in the locker, but still, how desperate are you to steal souvenir cups? The staff told us they confronted the robbers but that they ran away, and staff advised us to go to customer service to see if they could help us out by replacing our stolen cups. We recovered 3 out of 5 cups. Why they didn't give us our 5 cups when the staff themselves were the ones that confirmed we had 5 cups is beyond me. I would have rated 4 stars, but them not wanting to cover $14 (the cups costing them probably not more than a dollar) left a bad taste in my mouth. We had fun, but management needs to step up the customer service.
Love the place! People/staff very friendly. Water attractions are AWESOME! worth the $$$ Rooms accomodations could be better, but we were still very please with everything!! We got a king size and couch bed. Couch bed was really bad. You are able to feel all the rings from the mattress. Overall, great. We will return
Lots of fun as expected. The restrooms were very clean. Food as expected. We enjoyed their loaded funnel cake, burgers with fries. The seagulls were a bit obnoxious. Wish people would read the signs and not feed them. We rented a hut thing with a grill which are near the kids area. Wish it had rides that you wouldn't need a tube.
Enjoyable water park with cool design of riding the lazy river into each individual ride while on your tube. They have plenty of tubes, some being doubles that have a bottom on one side so parents can ride with their little ones. Food was reasonable, got a burger basket for around $11. Plenty of shade. Indoor park was a good walk from the outdoor area with very hot sidewalks leading the way. The wave lazy river doesn't live up to its sister wave lazy river in New Braunfels, unfortunately. Would have liked it if it had the same dramatic waves as the NB version version.
- Nearby Attractions
- Port Isabel Lighthouse State Historical Park
- The Inn At South Padre
- Isla Grand Beach Resort
- La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
- Wheels On Padre
- South Padre Island Visitors Center
- The Tiki
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in South Padre Island
- What to See in 48 Hours in South Padre Island
- What to See in 72 Hours in South Padre Island
- How to Spend 5 Days in South Padre Island
- How to Spend 6 Days in South Padre Island
- How to Spend 7 Days in South Padre Island