Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark361 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
A waterpark where one can enjoy the thrills of water slides while on a beach, where one can go from one ride to another without stepping out of the water, where one can while away time in the ‘lazy river’ while waiting in line for ones turn on a ride, where kids and adults can have an equally good time, well, that’s Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark for you.
The Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark is a great summer seasonal waterpark with a wide variety of rides for all ages.
Following are the rides that differentiate the Schltterbahn Beach Waterparrk from all other waterparks:-
- The Rio Adventura is an endless river that connects all of the waterpark’s attractions thereby eliminating the need to step out of the water in between rides.
- The Boogie Bahn 2, is the world’s largest artificial wave creating machine.
- Sea Trek, is an underwater helmet-diving experience that allows visitors to view the native sea life of the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Sandcastle Cove, a five storey sand castle with three levels of water slides and shallow wading pools, is popular amongst children.
- One can also rent a cabana for privacy and relaxation. The cabanas provide a common meeting area, private seating and table side wait service throughout the day.
Outdoor attractions operate mainly in the summer months. An exact schedule of their operational days is available on their website.
Indoor attractions are open all year round in a heated, covered environment.
Maximum of 6 guests per Cabana.
There are various events (like music festivals) that are organised at the SchlitterBahn Beach Waterpark on a very regular basis. The schedule for the same is available on their website.
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark Travel Tips
- One can bring their own food and drinks(no alcohol or glass containers).
- Free parking
- Free use of inner tubes and life vests.
- The place is highly crowded on weekends.
- The place also features live entertainment during the summer.
Entrance Ticket Details For Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
Seasonal passes and packages that include a stay at their resort can be purchased from their website.
There are various packages available at the Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark. They are as follows:-
- One-Day Indoor Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Fountain Drink, Refills, plus 1 Custom Towel- Save $5 off gate prices.
- General Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Refills, plus 1 Custom Towel (12 to 54yrs) $50.97.
- Child/Senior Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free refills, plus 1 Custom Towel(3-11 & 55+ yrs) $46.97.
One-Day Indoor Admission plus 1 Custom Towel-Save $4 off gate prices.
- General Admission plus 1 Custom Towel (12 to 54 yrs) $40.98.
- Child/Senior Admission plus 1 Custom Towel (3-11 & 55+ yrs) $36.98.
One-Day Indoor Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Fountain Drink, Refills- Save $3 off gate prices.
- General Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free Refills (12 to 54yrs) $36.98.
- Child/Senior Admission, Souvenir Bottle and Free refills (3-11 & 55+ yrs) $32.98.
One-Day Indoor Admission- Save $2 off gate prices
- One-Day General Admission (12-54 yrs) $26.99.
- One-Day Child/Senior Admission Ticket (3-11 & 55+ yrs) $22.99.
Other Ticket Prices
- All day General Admission for adults (12-54): $50.99
- All-Day Child/Senior Admission (Ages 3-11 and 55 & older) : $38.99
- Two-Day General Admission: $70.99
- Two-Day Child/Senior Admission: $51.99
- Children ages 2 and younger are FREE.
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark Hours
- Open on weekends during April, May and September.
- Open 7 days per week June through August.
- Maybe open till 7:00pm on some days.
- 10:00am – 6:00pm on some days as per the events.
How to Reach Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- By rented car from city centre.
- Shrimp Haus
- A Popular Restaurant and El Jefe’s
- A Sports Bar, are present inside the waterpark itself.
- Both of these are open all year around.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in South Padre Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in South Padre Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.52% of people who visit South Padre Island include Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.06% of people start their Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark Reviews & Ratings
Best deals online. Outside food and drinks available. No Glass. Be ready with Zinc Oxide sunscreen for full sun protection. Floated available inside at no cost. Lockers available for $13 All day rental. Bar available and drinks are great! Staff helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and showers clean. Come early for parking and be easy to have lots of fun! Lifeguards all over the place! Keep your eyes on your kids! Pretty safe place. Indoor Schlitterbahn is very humid and hot. Wouldn’t recommend going there. Low air circulation. Stay outdoors.!
Nice getaway, the unlimited drinks is a great purchase. Fresh breeze and clear skies. Floating around is relaxing and fun. It's not overly packed so the lines are short on September 8th.
I really enjoyed going to Schlitterbahn since it had been years since I was there. The park grew and everyone had fun. I like that we get to take our food inside. We were able to get tubes fairly easy and the lines to wait to get on a ride wasn't bad. I also liked the fact that since it was memorial day we didn't have to pay. That was a plus for me. I would definitely go again when they have that offer.
More than half of their rides were closed, even the indoor Waterpark. We didn’t know until after we bought tickets. Employees didn’t even let us know basically all their rides were closed. Definitely not worth $60. We tried getting a refund but overall we didn’t. We spoke to more than five people about it and we still didn’t get a refund. We spoke to the operator manager Antonella Garcia At Schlitterbahn and she told us she had no control over giving refunds and told us we had to call a number she gave us. Overall, she gave us the wrong number to call, so we just called spi Schlitterbahn and they told us Antonella Garcia had to approve the refund, which at the moment we were with her, she didn’t say that, she specifically said “I have no control over giving refunds you need to call corporate”. I definitely recommend you not go to Schlitterbahn especially the one at south Padre island. If I could, I would give 0 stars.
A great place to take kids or even go with adults. There are plenty of different areas to hang out at. There are also quite a few rides. The park is split into indoor and outdoor (separated by a lengthy concrete path). There are at least two bars at each section and one lazy river at each park too. There is quite a bit of shade all over. The cabanas are definitely worth looking into as they offer picnic tables and shade. Some have grills too. Overall great addition to the island for a bit of change of pace.