How to Reach Southampton
HOW TO GET TO SOUTHAMPTON
- By Air: The Southampton Airport is located in the town of East Leigh and is connected to other parts of city by Southampton Parkway Railway station.
- By Train: Southampton Central is the main station from where 3 routes run. The eastern route runs to Portsmouth, northern runs to Winchester, midlands and London and the western runs to Weymouth, Bristol and Cardiff.
HOW TO GET AROUND SOUTHAMPTON
- By Bus: Many city and state operators such CityLink, Stagecoach, Xelabus and Uni Link cover almost the entire city.
- By Car: There are several Car rentals with interesting offers and discounts.
- By Taxi: Taxis are readily available in most parts of the city.
- By Ferry: All the internal ferries that provide services on Southampton waters and Isle of Wight operate from their terminal Town Quay.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Southampton. The most preferred mode of transport in Southampton is Bike.
Average distance: 6.94 km Average time: 22.5 min
Bike 33.33%Bike 17.5 min Overall average time for 4.72 kms 17.5 min
Car 33.33%Driving 32.5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 14.48 kms 33.5 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 16.5 min Overall average time for 1.6 kms 16.5 min
|Eastleigh to Southampton||7.19 km||7 mins|
|Portsmouth to Southampton||37.15 km||37 mins|
|Poole to Southampton||67.81 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Bournemouth to Southampton||75.58 km||1 hour 15 mins|
|High wycombe to Southampton||108.17 km||1 hour 48 mins|
|Bath to Southampton||118.13 km||1 hour 58 mins|
|Glastonbury to Southampton||147.93 km||2 hours 27 mins|
|Wallington to Southampton||148.08 km||2 hours 28 mins|
|London to Southampton||156.66 km||2 hours 36 mins|
|Clapham to Southampton||171.67 km||2 hours 51 mins|