Mayflower Theatre, Southampton
About Mayflower Theatre, Southampton
Mayflower Theatre, Southampton - Address, Phone Number
Address: 26 Commercial Road, Southampton SO14 2AQ, England
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 7.4K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Play, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A grand grade II listed theatre located right at the heart of the city, Mayflower has a charm of its own. Having a history of more than 80 years the theatre was known by other names. It opened for the first time on 22nd December 1928 and was then known as Empire Theatre. It’s plays suffered initially as cinema was the new attraction and was then taken over by the Gaumont British Picture Corporation. It was later named as ‘Gaumont’ and included plays as well as music concerts by many famous artists like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Queen.
After a couple of refurbishments, today the theatre holds plays, concerts, musicals as well as weddings. It also has a superb restaurant named ‘Ovation’ attached to it. There are luxurious suites with bars attached, VIP boxes and balcony, everything you can imagine for a grand experience for the visitors.
Mayflower Theatre Information
- All events & bookings by prior appointments only.
- Disabled friendly place.
Mayflower Theatre Ticket Prices
- Prices differ from show to show, seat to seat, ranges from 20 to 42 EUR.
- For different prices of suites and function, events, refer website.
Mayflower Theatre Opening and Closing Hours
Box office timings
- Monday - Thursday: 9.30am - 6.00pm (8.00pm if there is a performance).
- Friday: 10.00am - 6.00pm (8.00pm if there is a performance).
- Saturday: 9.30am - 6.00pm (8.00pm if there is a performance).
- Sunday Closed (4.30pm - 8.00pm if there is a performance).
How To reach Mayflower Theatre by Public Transport
Nearest bus stop
- Central Station, Lines: 1,2, 3
- Mayflower Halls, Lines: 18, U2, X11
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Southampton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Southampton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mayflower Theatre, Southampton Reviews - Write a Review
Still a great venue for shows and music. Plenty of charm. Ovation restaurant at the top is a nice way to start a show off too. Over the years the food and service has been consistently very good. Worth a look but suggest you book when you buy your show tickets.
Having been to the Mayflower on many occasions (and loved it) on this occasion we visited the Ovations restaurant for a 3 course meal and Only Fools & Horses comedy show. What a fabulous evening - nicely prepared food and exceptional entertainment. Parking also nearby. A night to remember.
Easy to access from the train station. Lovely theatre , staff helpful. Shows are always excellent. Show tonight' The Band ' was fantastic.
Just saw the Railway Children production here. Packed out. The Mayflower is having a makeover in 2018 to make it even better. Wheelchair accessible entrance available .
Bag checking a bit in clear. Maybe put on the ticket procedure or if perminant then better channeling to the check point. Or better still a scanner. Just to point out suicide bombers put it on there person so checking bags won't help much .
- Nearby Attractions
- The Three Bears Play Cafe
- Houndwell Park
- Southampton Golf Course
- Mayfield Park
- Hawthorns Urban Wildlife Centre
- Southampton Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Southampton
- What to See in 48 Hours in Southampton
- What to See in 72 Hours in Southampton
- How to Spend 5 Days in Southampton
- How to Spend 6 Days in Southampton
- How to Spend 7 Days in Southampton