Medieval Merchant's HouseCurrently Open
- Address: 58 French Street, Southampton SO14 2AT, England, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2380221503
- Ticket Price: 4 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
As the name suggests the house was built by a merchant named John Fortin in 1290. Since then it has been used for various purposes over the years. Sometimes as a store room, sometimes as a parlour and even as brothel during the WWI. The house underwent great damage during the Blitz bombing. It was later rebuilt in the same way as it looked before. Today it’s scheduled tourist attraction and a Grade 1 listed building. It houses antique furniture, serves soft drinks and has a unique garden in the backyard. The house gives a perfect medieval vibe, perfect to enjoy with family and friends.
Medieval Merchant's House Travel Tips
- Audio tours available.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Photography and video shooting allowed.
- There’s a small picnic are in the backyard too.
Entrance Ticket Details For Medieval Merchant's House
- Adult: EUR 4
- Children (5-15years): EUR 2.40
- Family (2 adults, 3 children): EUR 10.40
Medieval Merchant's House Hours
- Closed from 1st October to 24th March 2016.
- Open Every Sunday from 28th March 30th September 2015 :12.00pm to 7.00pm
How to Reach Medieval Merchant's House
- Nearest bus stop : Telephone House stop on High Street, Lines: CityLink, U1, U6, X24. Get down, walk straight and take left on Mettricks tea & coffee house.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Southampton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Southampton and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Medieval Merchant's House Address: 58 French Street, Southampton SO14 2AT, England, United Kingdom
- Medieval Merchant's House Contact Number: +44-2380221503
- Medieval Merchant's House Timing: 12:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Medieval Merchant's House Price: 4 GBP
- Best time to visit Medieval Merchant's House(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Medieval Merchant's House: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
15.04% of people who visit Southampton include Medieval Merchant's House in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
59.81% of people start their Medieval Merchant's House visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Medieval Merchant's House
89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Medieval Merchant's House
People normally club together Hythe Ferry and Tudor House And Garden while planning their visit to Medieval Merchant's House.