Seacity Museum, Southampton
About Seacity Museum, Southampton
Seacity Museum, Southampton - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Havelock Road, Southampton SO14 7FY, England
Ticket Price: 11 GBP
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.5K times in trip plans
Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A new museum housing the oldest of information, Sea City Musuem is a sprawling 2000 sqmts huge. It officially opened itself to the public on 10th April 2012 and has two section a permanent one and a temporary one. The permanent one exhibits Southampton’s connection to RMS Titanic. Most of its passengers were from there. It also explores the British Enquiry into how it sank accompanied by audio visual footages of interviews with survivors.
The other permanent exhibition is named as ‘Gateway to the World’. Unique to the city’s history the exhibition shows how Southampton played a key role in human migration. Of how the earliest settlers in England used its ports to travel to farthest lands and explore uncharted territories. The temporary exhibits keep changing with different seasons. This year the museum houses live scale models of dinosaurs and their fossils. It also explores Ocean life during the pre-historic times. A fun place for kids and adults.
Seacity Museum Information
- Accessible for disabled friendly people.
- Open even on Bank Holidays.
Seacity Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults, 10.50 EUR (Museum and Dino tour). 6.50 EUR (only dino tour)
- Children from 5 to 16 years of age. 8 EUR (Museum and Dino tour). 4.50EUR (only dino tour)
- Concessions (students, forces personnel and over 60s); Museum & Dino Encounter: 8 EUR, Dino Encounter Only: 4.50 EUR.
- Family (2 adults and 3 children): Museum & Dino Encounter: £33.00, Dino Encounter Only: £19.00
- Carers go FREE with fee paying disabled adult/child.
- Joint tickets with Tudor House & Garden and annual passes are also available on request.
- Prices of the temporary exhibition may vary. Please refer website for constant updates.
How To reach Seacity Museum by Public Transport
- SeaCity Museum, Lines: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, X7
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Southampton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Southampton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Seacity Museum, Southampton Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Silverdale Road
- Guild House
- Royal Victoria Railway (netley)
- Kimber House
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holiday Inn Express Southampton
- The Needles - Landmark Attraction
- Isle Of Wight
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Southampton
- What to See in 48 Hours in Southampton
- What to See in 72 Hours in Southampton
- How to Spend 5 Days in Southampton
- How to Spend 6 Days in Southampton
- How to Spend 7 Days in Southampton