Tudor House And Garden546 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bugle Street | St Michael's Square, Southampton SO14 2AD, England, SO14 2AD, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44 -2380834242
- Ticket Price: 5 GBP
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Nature, Social, Arts, Museums
Almost a millennium old landmark which has gone through extensive amounts of change, The Tudor House is a Grade 1 listed building in old town. The earliest part of the building was built in 1180 and was a domestic dwelling. During the Tudor Period the house was a home for important members of Southampton society. It later became a merchant house and during the industrial revolution the area itself was one of Southampton worst slum areas. The house became a part of number of business like dyeworks, bookbinders, and bonnet makers. It was later purchased by William Sprangler a local philanthropist in 1886 and he later renovated it completely to turn it into a museum.
Due to increasing instability in its construction the house was closed from 2002 to 2011 and underwent extensive renovations. It opened in 2012 with the same price as it was during its first time which is 6 pence. The museum holds the records and posters from the olden times, has a dedicated library and reading space, a souvenir shop, a café, a conference room and a family room. It is also available for hire for weddings. Other than that it holds a number of interesting collections like glass panes, caskets, fairings, penny farthing and much more. The garden is designed with plants and herbs as it would have been during the Tudor period and is considered as an extension of the house.
Tudor House And Garden Travel Tips
- Refer website for a detailed list of upcoming events.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tudor House And Garden
- Adults: EUR 4.75
- Children ages 5 and above: EUR 3.75
- Family of 2 adults and 3 children: EUR 13.50
- Concessions of 60 and above students: EUR 3.75
- Free for children below five years of age.
- Prices includes free audio tour.
Tudor House And Garden Hours
- Closed on Mondays except bank holidays.
- Last entry 30 minutes before closing time.
How to Reach Tudor House And Garden
- Holyrood Church, Lines: 3, 6, 8, 11, 13, U1, U6, X4, X5
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Southampton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Southampton and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.03% of people who visit Southampton include Tudor House And Garden in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
44.53% of people start their Tudor House And Garden visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tudor House And Garden
93.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tudor House And Garden