How to Reach Soweto, South Africa
The Easiest Way to Reach Soweto
- By Car: This is the most convenient way to reach Soweto. Most of the visitors stay in Johannesburg and from there they come by car to Soweto. You can enter the city from Vilakazi Street. Just follow the signs along the road.
- By Train: If you wish to come by train to Soweto, take the MetroRail suburban train from Johannesburg Park station bound for Naledi, Oberholzer (for northern Soweto) or Verreniging (for southern Soweto). There are many railway stations in Soweto. Hence, check first as to where you need to get down.
- By guided bus tour: Many people prefer to visit the city with a guided bus tour group as it becomes easy to explore Soweto. The tour takes you to every tourist attraction of the city.
- By Bicycle: You can hire a bicycle to explore the city on your own way.
- On Foot: Exploring Soweto on foot is the best thing you can do. This is because most of the tourist attractions are closely located. Hence, walking will be the easiest and convenient option to visit these tourist sites.
Are you looking for a Soweto travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Soweto
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Soweto. The most preferred mode of transport in Soweto is Car.
Average distance: 22.78 km Average time: 43.88 min
Car 87.39%Driving 41.62 min Waiting 0.19 min Walking 0.16 min Overall average time for 22.72 kms 41.97 min
Walking 1.68%Walking 97.5 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 8.5 kms 112.5 min
Train/Metro 0.84%Train 28 min Bus 20 min Walking 15 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 42 kms 73 min
Motorbike 5.88%Motorbike 39.29 min Walking 2.14 min Overall average time for 26.5 kms 41.43 min
Bus/Trolleybus 0.84%Bus 65 min Waiting 25 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 12.8 kms 93 min
How to Reach Soweto from Nearby Cities
|Roodepoort to Soweto||8.68 km||8 mins|
|Johannesburg to Soweto||25.93 km||22 mins|
- How to reach Greenhills
- How to reach Johannesburg
- How to reach Dainfern
- How to reach Magaliesburg
- How to reach Hartbeespoort
- How to reach Pretoria
- How to reach Marikana
- How to reach Olifants Nek
- How to reach Sun City
- How to reach Cape Town
- How to reach Kruger National Park
- How to reach Pilanesberg National Park
- How to reach Pietermaritzburg
- How to reach Hoedspruit
- How to reach Stellenbosch