Also known as Mandela Family Museum, it used to be the residence of former South African President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela and his family. This little humble house has now been turned into a world-class attraction by the Soweto Heritage Trust for the visitors who are keen to learn about the historical facts and the legacy of this great personality.
At present, this house museum comprises of four interleading rooms that houses memorabilia, photographs and paintings of Mr. Mandela and his family and honorary doctorates donated to him by universities and institutions from all around the world.
Take a tour into this historical museum for a meaningful experience.
Mandela House Museum Travel Tips
- Residents of Greater Soweto are entitled to half price admission on presentation of a valid proof of residence.
- Maximum 20 people group are allowed for the visit.
- The house is accessible for wheelchair confined individuals.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mandela House Museum
- For Adult: RAND 40 (African Union), RAND 60 (International)
- For Pensioner: RAND 20 (African Union)
- Children (over 6 years): RAND 20
- Students (Subjects to proof valid student card): RAND 20
- School groups (Learners and Educators) and Children (under 6): RAND 5
Mandela House Museum Hours
- The house is closed on Good Friday.
How to Reach Mandela House Museum
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Soweto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Soweto and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Soweto include Mandela House Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
77.51% of people start their Mandela House Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mandela House Museum
85.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mandela House Museum