Mandela House Museum, SowetoCurrently Open [Closes at 04:45 pm]
- Address: 8115 Orlando West, Soweto 1804, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +27-119367754
- Ticket Price: 40 ZAR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Historical Site, Family And Kids
About Mandela House Museum, Soweto
Also known as Mandela Family Museum, it used to be the residence of former South African President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela and his family. This little humble house has now been turned into a world-class attraction by the Soweto Heritage Trust for the visitors who are keen to learn about the historical facts and the legacy of this great personality.
At present, this house museum comprises of four interleading rooms that houses memorabilia, photographs and paintings of Mr. Mandela and his family and honorary doctorates donated to him by universities and institutions from all around the world.
Take a tour into this historical museum for a meaningful experience.
Mandela House Museum Information
- Residents of Greater Soweto are entitled to half price admission on presentation of a valid proof of residence.
- Maximum 20 people group are allowed for the visit.
- The house is accessible for wheelchair confined individuals.
Mandela House Museum Ticket Prices
- For Adult: RAND 40 (African Union), RAND 60 (International)
- For Pensioner: RAND 20 (African Union)
- Children (over 6 years): RAND 20
- Students (Subjects to proof valid student card): RAND 20
- School groups (Learners and Educators) and Children (under 6): RAND 5
Mandela House Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- The house is closed on Good Friday.
How To reach Mandela House Museum by Public Transport
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Soweto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Soweto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mandela House Museum
95% of people who visit Soweto include Mandela House Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
64.67% of people plan their visit to Mandela House Museum between 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mandela House Museum
83.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mandela House Museum