Are you looking for what to do in Soweto?
THINGS TO SEE
- Hector Piertson Museum: It is a must-see place to visit in Soweto to learn about the historical protest that took place on 16th June 1976.
- Mandela House Museum: It is an important house museum where the famous leader Nelson Mandel and his family used to live. Take a tour into the house to see memorabilia, photographs and painting of Mr. Mandela and his family.
- Regina Mundi: Visit the largest Roman Catholic Church of South Africa, which played a significant role on the fateful day of Soweto, i.e. 16th June 1976. The church opened its door to anti-Apartheid groups and gave shelter to the people who fled the Orlando Stadium to save themselves from the open fire.
- Oppenheimer Gardens: If you wish to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city, walk into this beautiful garden to spend some time among the rich flora and fauna of the park.
- Orlando Towers: For adrenaline junkies, these towers are perfect to enjoy activities like bungee jumping, rap jumping, abseiling and a zip line. It is one of the popular activities in Soweto that every single individuals of the city love to do.
- Credo Mutwa Cultural Village: One of the popular tourist attractions of Soweto where you get to see the perfect blend of African culture and modern ideas through sculptures made by Credo Mutwa.
THINGS TO DO
- Soweto Bicycle tour: One of the must-activities to do in order to explore the city in the best way.
Below we have a list of things to do in Soweto and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Soweto getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Soweto with confidence.