Wandies Place, SowetoCurrently Closed
- Address: 618 Makhalemele Street | Dube Village, Soweto, South Africa
- Timings: 10:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +27-119822796
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Family And Kids
About Wandies Place, Soweto
If you haven’t come to Wandies Place, you have missed the true flavor of Soweto. A local restaurant in Dube, housed in a typical four roomed house used to be an illegal Shebeen in 1980’s. After receiving the license in 1990’s, this shabby eat out turned into the trendiest restaurant of Soweto where famous personalities like Virgin founder Richard Branson, Will Smith and Chris Rock has paid a visit.
At present it serves some of the best finger licking traditional local cuisines like morogo (wild spinach), umngqusho (steamed corn and bean stew) and dumplings.
Don’t forget to try out their meat dishes served on the buffet.
Wandies Place Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Wandies Place by Public Transport
- By Car, take north west on M70 towards Hennessy Street – left at Oliver street- right at Xorile Street- left at Kumalo main road – right at Kilpspruit Valley main road – left at Potchefstroom – third left onto Makhalemele Street.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Soweto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Soweto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wandies Place
95% of people who visit Soweto include Wandies Place in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
56.58% of people start their Wandies Place visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wandies Place
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wandies Place
Wandies Place, Soweto Reviews
LOVELY staff.. TERRIBLE food... Just for the host, it's worth a visit... But no. I shall not be here again. So many other great places to go for wonderful food in Soweto...
Great for simple chilling really!
Very hospitable, and warm. Nice chats....
Food is bad
All QuestionsWandies place
- Attractions near Wandies Place