How to Reach Sozopol
- By Air: The nearest airport is at Burgas. From there you can catch a bus or taxi to Sozopol.
- By Taxi: BGN 30-50 by taxi from Burgas to Sozopol.
- By Bus: Buses leave Burgas for Sozopol every hour during the day starting 7am from the central railway station. It’s a 40 minute ride (approx.) and costs BGN 2.50.
- By Taxi: If you absolutely must, then take a taxi to go around Sozopol. Don’t be afraid to haggle. Taxis charge tourists 2-3 times the fare they charge locals. Agree on the price before you step in.
- By Foot: It’s easy to cover this town on foot, and all travel guides say it really is the best way to get around.