Sozopol Old TownCurrently Open
- Address: 1 Apolonia str., Sozopol 8130, Bulgaria
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
About Sozopol Old Town, Sozopol
Quite apt to its name the first signs in Sozopol go as far back as 6000 B.C. Facing east towards the Black Sea, Sozopol is a nice peninsular town with a rich history. Being a port city it was known for its trade from a long time. The city during 610 BC was known as Antheia by Greek settlers. Several ancient and antique objects are housed in the Museum of Ancient Art. In fact the entire Old town was declared a museum-reserve by Ministerial Decree on September 7, 1974. The reserve includes more than 180 residences, constructed from the middle of the 18th century to the beginning of the 19th century. With its archaeological sites and cobbled streets around the city, they add a distinct charm to this cultural capital of Bulgaria.
Sozopol Old Town Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Sozopol Old Town by Public Transport
- From Bourgas by Bus: Regular buses from Bourgas to Sozopol which leave every hour during the day (from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.). They cost about 2.5lev.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sozopol before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sozopol and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sozopol Old Town
95% of people who visit Sozopol include Sozopol Old Town in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
65.47% of people start their Sozopol Old Town visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sozopol Old Town
94.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sozopol Old Town
Sozopol Old Town Map
Sozopol Old Town Trips
Sozopol Old Town, Sozopol Reviews
All QuestionsSozopol old town
- Lucky Eagle Casino
- Chehalis Indian Reservation
- Water Of Life Church
- North Creek Campground
- Kimbrel Farm Airport
- Black River (Chehalis River)
- Methodist Church United Oakville
- Massie House
- Gomer United Church Of Christ
- Gomer Congregational Church
- Gomer Welsh Community Museum
- Camp Misty Mount Historic District
- Thurmont Community Park
- Shaw Chapel
- St John's Lutheran Church