Croatian Maritime MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Glagoljaska 18, Split, Croatia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +385-21347346
- Ticket Price: 20 HRK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Croatian Maritime Museum - Review
Housed inside the 17th century Gripe Fortress, the Croatian museum exhibits the artefacts and documents that pertain to the maritime history of the Adriatic coast.
Some of the collections here include:
- The vessel ‘Bakar’,
- ‘Perina’, a traditional Dalmatian fishing boat, and also one of the oldest surviving vessels on the east Adriatic coast.
- You can also walk across the Merchant Maritime Exhibition that charts the development of sailing ships from Classical times through to the age of steam.
- Exhibitions of maritime vessels for World War I and II.
Croatian Maritime Museum Information
- Photography is allowed with prior permission.
Croatian Maritime Museum Ticket Prices
- Students and Kids: 10KN
How To reach Croatian Maritime Museum by Public Transport
- Rent a car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Split before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Split and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Croatian Maritime Museum
49.76% of people who visit Split include Croatian Maritime Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
43.21% of people start their Croatian Maritime Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Croatian Maritime Museum
73.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Croatian Maritime Museum
Croatian Maritime Museum Trips
Croatian Maritime Museum, Split Reviews
A really nice place, my children enjoyed the models and of course the ship outside.
Very empty but interesting
Moderately interesting. My teens were bored with it quickly. Go if you are really in to Maritime. The outside exhibits were not open. That may have been more fun for kids.