How to Reach Split
HOW TO GET TO SPLIT
- By Plane: The best way to reach Split is to take a flight to Split Airport which is the second most important airport in Croatia after Zagreb Airport. This airport is connected to almost all the European cities. From this airport, you can hop on to the buses that run from the terminal to the city and stop at the eastern end of 'Riva'. There are also some local buses run from the road outside the terminal.
- By Train: Split train station is easily accessible from the port and the old town. Croatia is well linked to most of the European destinations through its rail network which is safe and enjoyable. The main destinations in Croatia you can reach by rail are Zagreb, Pula, Rijeka and Split.
- By Bus: Split can be easily reached via buses from Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Sibenik, Zadar, Rijeka etc. There are also regular buses to and from Mostar and Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Belgrade (Serbia), Trieste (Italy) and major cities of Germany and Austria.
- By Boat: Although not a popular choice for commutation, Split can also be reached via ferries that run three times a week across the Adriatic to and from Ancona and Pescara (Italy).
HOW TO GET AROUND SPLIT
- By Bus: Public transit in Split is operated by Promet. You can buy the tickets of these buses either from the kiosks or from the bus driver. Keep in mind that only single-journey tickets can be purchased in buses.
- By Bike: Biking around the city is the best way to explore Split. The most popular by-lanes for offering picturesque beauty are Split's waterfront (Riva), Marjan hill (approximately 7 km). Bikers can also go to the east side, along the coast to nearby village of Stobrec.
- By Boat: You can also avail the services of speedboat transfer/taxi to reach nearby destinations. This way you can commute as well as enjoy your route. They are available on half-day, daily and weekly rentals.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Split. The most preferred mode of transport in Split is Walking.
Average distance: 6.38 km Average time: 32.62 min
Walking 61.54%Walking 29.38 min Driving 3.25 min Bike 1.88 min Overall average time for 2.98 kms 34.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.69%Bus 70 min Waiting 15 min Walking 10 min Overall average time for 40 kms 95 min
Car 30.77%Driving 10.25 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 4.8 kms 13.25 min
|Stobreč to Split||9.42 km||9 mins|
|Hvar to Split||51.67 km||51 mins|
|Makarska to Split||68.65 km||1 hour 8 mins|
|Zadar to Split||149.25 km||2 hours 29 mins|
|Kožino to Split||155.47 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Banja luka to Split||158.89 km||2 hours 38 mins|
|Plitvička jezera to Split||172.44 km||2 hours 52 mins|
|Podastrana to Split||183.68 km||3 hours 3 mins|
|Dubrovnik to Split||205.28 km||3 hours 25 mins|
|Sisak to Split||210.8 km||3 hours 30 mins|