Are you looking for what to do in Split?
PLACES TO SEE
- Diocletian's Palace: The presence of the Diocletian’s Palace looms large on the landscape of Split. Built by the Emperor Diocletian, who voluntarily gave up the throne of the Roman Empire, this palace makes up one of the most important attractions of Split.
- Marjan Forest Park: Covered by Mediterranean pine forest, the Marjan is actually a hill on peninsula that offers immense natural beauty and picturesque views as you walk around in it.
- Ivan Mestrovic Gallery: Dedicated in memory of the art sculptor Ivan Mestrovic, this gallery is one of the finest ones in Split.
- Cathedral of Saint Domnius: Originally meant to be the Diocletian’s mausoleum, this church today looks beautiful with its24 columns, that have been almost completely preserved to this day.
- Croatian National Theatre: Reserve a seat to watch a show at the famous National theatre that enjoys a heritage status and is one of the oldest surviving theatres in Dalmatia.
- Jupiter’s Temple: Jupiter’s temple is one of the three temples at the Peristyle. This temple was built on a raised podium which has an old Egyptian Sphinx in front of it.
- Prokurativa: Translated as the Republic Square, this is one of the most beautiful squares in Split. On the three sides of it you will find Neo Renaissance columns and one side opens up to the sea.
- Riva: Riva is the split waterfront that has come to be the most photographed site and centres of Split. This is also a famous meeting point!
THING TO DO
- Sunbathe and swim at Bacvice: Swimming and enjoying the sun are some of the most coveted activities to do in Split. There are many cafes that will keep you engaged on this beach of Croatia.
- Climb the campanile bell tower: As you reach up the peak point of the bell tower, you can enjoy astounding views of the city and the surrounding sea.
- Snorkelling Experience: Snorkelling and diving options are easily available on Split harbour.
- Picigin, BaÃ„vice: Play the traditional beach game with a small ball. Bacvice is the best beach for that.
Below we have a list of things to do in Split and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Split getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Split with confidence.