How to Reach Spokane
HOW TO GET TO SPOKANE
- By Plane: Spokane International Airport serves the city of Spokane. Although the airport is called International, there are no internationally scheduled flights. The nearest Seattle/Tacoma International Airport helps connect Spokane with the major international destinations. Seattle/Tacoma International Airport can be reached by catching a flight from Spokane Airport and it takes only about 45 minutes. From Spokane Airport to the city center, you have to ride on a taxi.
- By Train: Spokane can be reached by the Empire builder Amtrak train that operates daily between Chicago and Seattle.
- By Bus: Spokane is well-served by private bus operators like Greyhound, Wheatland Express, Bellair Charters, and Northwestern Trailways.
HOW TO GET AROUND SPOKANE
- By Bus: Getting around Spokane is easy with the local bus service of Spokane Transit (STA). There are hourly and daily passes too.
- By Car: Renting a car in Spokane is not difficult. If you interested in exploring even the remote areas of Spokane at your own pace, then renting a car is the best thing to do.
- By Bike: The city of Spokane with its improved bicycle infrastructure is fairly good for cyclists. To have the best experience ride along the Centennial trail.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Spokane. The most preferred mode of transport in Spokane is Car.
Average distance: 21.04 km Average time: 24.17 min
Car 88.89%Driving 22.75 min Walking 0.1 min Overall average time for 21.32 kms 22.85 min
Bus/Trolleybus 3.7%Bus 20 min Waiting 15 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 11.27 kms 40 min
Walking 3.7%Walking 20 min Driving 20 min Overall average time for 24.14 kms 40 min