Best Time To Visit Squamish
Squamish is one of the wettest inhabited locations in Canada. The city has a humid climate with a short dry summer. Heavy precipitation occurs during the winter months. The city is most crowded by rock climbers and other adventure enthusiasts from early spring to late fall, the periods of relatively lower precipitation.
- Winter: The months from November – February marks the arrival of winters with the average temperature in January falling as low as 0.8 degree Celsius. The winter months see the highest levels of precipitation. Most precipitation falls in December with an average of 216mm. The arrival of winters also signals the end of the consistent climbing season.
- Spring: The months from March – May sees a relative rise in the temperature and fall in the precipitation levels.
- Summers: The months from June - August are the driest seasons with temperatures ranging between 15 to 20 degree Celsius. The weather is commonly clear and warm, with the lowest levels of precipitation in the year. The summer months attract large crowds from all over the world.
- Autumn: The months from September – October offers the perfect conditions for fall. The temperature starts falling and remains between 4 to 10 degree Celsius. The chances of rainfall start to increase and the autumn months face relatively high precipitation levels between 169 to 209 mm.
Thus, the best time to visit Squamish would be during the summer months. The summer months are the driest with comfortable temperatures which would allow you to explore the city with comfort. However, Squamish during the summers can be crowded. To avoid the crowds, one can consider visiting during late May and early September. The temperatures during this time remain more or less the same as the summer months and most of the crowds have left.
- 20℉ 0℉
- 90 0
Maximum rain recorded in Squamish is 1447.74 mm in November.
Months with no rains or lowest rains in Squamish is July.
- 25 0
Most humid month in Squamish is November.
Least humid month in Squamish is July.
- Best time to visit Hotspot Community Resource Centre in Squamish