Srinagar is certainly one of the most beautiful cities in the north of India. The city is resplendent which is apparent from the lovely Dal Lakes and its gorgeous Mughal gardens. However, political strife has shrouded this pristine beauty in the recent years.
But it is perhaps due to its ethereal beauty that tourists do still visit Srinagar when the times are peaceful. The lovely city and its surrounding area amidst the tall trees and the taller mountains is one of the most picturesque sights on earth. The white of the snow, the green of the gardens, the orange of the saffron this place produces in abundance and the blue of the waters ensure that the place is always drenched in the colors of the Indian flag. A magical treat, this place is an area worth visiting.
Essential travel information and Srinagar tips for your visit
- All tourists and especially foreign nationals will have to take permits to visit the place. Do check about the rules and regulations and follow them. Depending on the situation you will be guided accordingly.
- Phone numbers are not available for most places in Kashmir. Do call the Jammu and Kashmir tourism hotline for any information. Number: 1-800-103-1060
- Do read about the political situation there before you go. Being a disputed area it is important to be vigilant about safety
- Do take at least one boat ride while here.
- Do not wear clothes that expose your shoulders or knees in mosques. Also you do need to cover your head.
- Do not stray from the permitted areas that you are allowed to visit.
- Do not litter in this lovely place. The laws have come stricter and you could be fined heavily for it.
- Do not disrespect the authorities or cause a scene in this politically sensitive area.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Srinagar
Save 7%Private 06 Nights tour of Paradise of Earth KashmirNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Same Day Gulmarg Trip with LunchNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Finest Magical KashmireNew on TripHobo
Save 24%Private Tour: Full-Day Old Srinagar Walking TourNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Scenic SrinagarNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Legendary Kashmir: A Three-Day Journey To ParadiseNew on TripHobo