- Address: Awantipora 192122, Srinagar, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Off Beaten Path, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
Awantipora - Review
Awantipora or Awantipura is a lovely excursion to undertake while in Srinagar. Around 30 kilometers from the city the place is a historic and scenic getaway. The ancient ruins make for a wonderful, historic, intriguing and surprising attraction not far from the city.
The ruins were once lovely Hindu temples that had been built by King Awanti Verman and emperor Lalitaditya. The ancient place is surely not to be missed if you have some time in Srinagar but worth the trip no matter what. The stone buildings or what is left of them tell a very interesting story.
If you are the off the beaten track kind of a tourist, the secluded beauty of the site will certainly intrigue you. A stunning hidden unexplored place awaits you.
- There are quite a few interesting sights to see on the way here as well.
- Phone numbers are not available for most places in Kashmir. You can call the Jammu and Kashmir tourism hotline for any information.Number: 1-800-103-1060.
Awantipora Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Awantipora by Public Transport
- Tral Bus Stop
Restaurants Near Awantipora
- Hilal Family Restaurant
- Food Palace
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Srinagar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Srinagar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Awantipora
95% of people who visit Srinagar include Awantipora in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
65.91% of people start their Awantipora visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Awantipora
94.98% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Awantipora
Awantipora, Srinagar Reviews
- Saint Bridget's Church - Celbridge
- Gallery Art Centre The
- M.D. Betting
- Irish Bouncing Castles
- Valerie Stephenson S Art
- Celbridge Library
- Daly Jarlath
- Christchurch - Celbridge
- Irish Cheer Sport Association
- Saint Molaises Catholic Church
- Westport Medical Centre
- Westport Library
- Paddypower - Westport
- Irish Federation Of Sea Anglers Connaught Provincial Council