Betab Valley183 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Near Pahalgam, Baramulla, Hajan, Jammu and Kashmir 192126, Srinagar, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Camp, Family And Kids, Valley, Picnic Spot, Nature
This valley was named after a Bollywood movie though many other Bollywood movies have been filmed here. It’s one of those spots they call the Switzerland of India. You’ll have to get to Pahalgam from Srinagar first to get here. From there, the road will course upstream along an aquamarine river, past military checkpoints and tourist-trap resorts and restaurants. Those distractions will be left behind as you approach the valley, a place of alpine meadows, icy streams, green mountains, clear blue skies, and deodar and pine forests. It’s one of the most beautiful valleys in the country, perfect for picnickers and even campers.
How to Reach Betab Valley
- Drive to here (non-Jammu and Kashmir vehicles reportedly not allowed).
- Buses to Pahalgam can be had from the JKSRTC depot.
- You can hike/trek to Betaab Valley from Pahalgam (8 kilometers).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Srinagar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Srinagar and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.51% of people who visit Srinagar include Betab Valley in their plan
30.43% of people start their Betab Valley visit around 6 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Betab Valley
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Betab Valley