How to Reach Srinagar
- Air:Srinagar Airport will be easily accessible through Delhi Aiport. It does not always have international flights flying in directly to it but recently occasional international flights to Srinagar have been added.
- Road: Another good way of getting to Srinagar is by road from Delhi or Chandigarh but it will certainly be a long and tiring journey. However since the railway connection is still being built this the cheapest way to reach.
- Walking: You can easily walk around most sights in Srinagar. The gardens around Dal Lake and Nagin Lake can easily be explored on foot. For places like Chashme Shahi and Pari Mahal you might need transport.
- Rickshaws: Motorized rickshaws are the most popular way to get around in the city. They are also the cheapest.
- Bus: The bus system is better than most cities but as a result locals going to work use it a lot. The crowd may not be enjoyable for tourists.
- Taxis: Taxis aren’t expensive and most tourist prefer to travel by these. You will need to know at least a few Hindi words enough to communicate with your driver to travel by taxi.