Jamia Masjid3184 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jamia Masjid Rd, Nowhatta, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190002, India
- Timings: 03:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Jamia Masjid is a beautiful, simple and yet very beautiful mosque in Srinagar. The reddish building and the green garden stand in beautiful contrast and have a very calm and serene atmosphere to them.
There are 370 wooden pillars to the mosque which makes it a remarkable sight. It is a sacred place as well as a tourist attraction, as a result. Due to its Indo-Saracenic architecture it has become a very important part of the history of architecture in Srinagar as well. The British influences on the structure are worth noting.
Located in the heart of the city, this lovely mosque is a wonderful spiritual site for the traveler. Be sure to visit it to experience its beauty as well as the calmness it has.
Jamia Masjid Travel Tips
- Both Men and women will have to cover their heads while visiting the mosque.
- You should be dressed appropriately and make sure that your shoulders or knees are not showing.
How to Reach Jamia Masjid
- Nowhatta Stop (BUS)
- Chocolate Room
- Victory Crossing
- Seven Days
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Srinagar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Srinagar and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.98% of people who visit Srinagar include Jamia Masjid in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
86.84% of people start their Jamia Masjid visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jamia Masjid
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jamia Masjid