About Sonamarg, Srinagar
Sonamarg, Srinagar - Address
Address: Sonamarg, Jammu and Kashmir
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 69.5K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Water Body, View Point, River, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Hill, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Sonamarg literally means meadow of gold, which gives one a legitimate idea of just how gorgeous this hill station not far from Srinagar really is. The river Sindh, the beautiful trees, the dese and mysterious forests, the fog the snow and the seasons make Sonamarg a really special place to visit.
After winter is over, they open up the roads for transport, you will be able to see the hill station in all its glory. Tourists certainly swear by it. However, being just a pristine beauty it has been governed by very strict environmental laws that should be respected.
You can hire horses to take a ride around the scenic areas but Sonamarg is best explored by good old walking. The stunning place is certainly worth the effort.
- Phone numbers are not available for most places in Kashmir. You can call the Jammu and Kashmir tourism hotline for any information.Number: 1-800-103-1060.
How To reach Sonamarg by Public Transport
- Amarnath Bus
Restaurants Near Sonamarg
- Dana Pani
- Paradise Restaurant
- Food Point
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Srinagar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Srinagar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sonamarg, Srinagar Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Holiday Plaza
- Sonmarg Market
- Amarnath Temple
- Young Bombay Group Of House Boats
- New Jacquline Heritage Houseboats
- Gulmarg Gondola
- Gulmarg Gondola Kongdoori Station
- The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar
- Srinagar Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Srinagar
- What to See in 48 Hours in Srinagar
- What to See in 72 Hours in Srinagar
- How to Spend 5 Days in Srinagar
- How to Spend 6 Days in Srinagar
- How to Spend 7 Days in Srinagar