Sps Museum12 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: Lal Mandi, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190008, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1912561846
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids, Sculpture
This History Museum on the left bank of Jhelum river was built by Maharaja Pratap Singh in 1889. It is basically an Eclectic collection of religious, cultural and ethnic artifacts, some of which are quite old. Highlights of the museum include:
- Pandrenthan Sculptures, Awantipura Sculptures, Parihaspora Sculptures.
- Ushkar and Buddhist artefacts from Ladakh.
- Numismatics and Manuscripts showcasing the development of the region.
- Weapons and armour
- Decorative Arts of leather, Grass, willow, glass ceramic, enamel, copper, brass, white metal, and turquoise.
- Clothes and textiles including pashmina and shahtoosh shawls and carpets.
- Musical instruments
- 4th-century tiles
- Mughal papier-mache art
- Stuffed birds, mammoth bones
Entrance Ticket Details For Sps Museum
- Rs. 50 for foreigners.
Sps Museum Hours
- Guided Tours: 10:30am, 11:30am, 2:15pm and 3:15pm
How to Reach Sps Museum
- Drive to here or take a autorickshaw.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Srinagar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Srinagar and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.23% of people who visit Srinagar include Sps Museum in their plan
95% of people start their Sps Museum visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sps Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sps Museum
Sps Museum Reviews & Ratings
This by far is the best museum i have ever visited. They are still under construction but allow visitors at a very nominal fees. The museum has excellent collection of our history which depicts the local culture to a large extent. Take a couple of hours with you to visit this beautiful place. Very nice museum and good atmosphere have been there with my family we liked all ancient structures of the museum
An exotic place to have a view of the past history of Kashmir through art, wearing, artillery and much more. Present and preserved rich culture, heritage and lush green crafts of the valley. Really appreciated it.
Such a nice experience. Our past is well preserved there in the museum...
Nothing phenomenonal. Got a good idea of Kashmir's history. Some sections like art and crafts is very good. But place is not well lit and no guidance from anyone either. Place is very cold - have your jackets!
Awesome experience....1 should definitely visit here.