Sps Museum12 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lal Mandi, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190008, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1912561846
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids, Sculpture
This History Museum on the left bank of Jhelum river was built by Maharaja Pratap Singh in 1889. It is basically an Eclectic collection of religious, cultural and ethnic artifacts, some of which are quite old. Highlights of the museum include:
- Pandrenthan Sculptures, Awantipura Sculptures, Parihaspora Sculptures.
- Ushkar and Buddhist artefacts from Ladakh.
- Numismatics and Manuscripts showcasing the development of the region.
- Weapons and armour
- Decorative Arts of leather, Grass, willow, glass ceramic, enamel, copper, brass, white metal, and turquoise.
- Clothes and textiles including pashmina and shahtoosh shawls and carpets.
- Musical instruments
- 4th-century tiles
- Mughal papier-mache art
- Stuffed birds, mammoth bones
Entrance Ticket Details For Sps Museum
- Rs. 50 for foreigners.
Sps Museum Hours
- Guided Tours: 10:30am, 11:30am, 2:15pm and 3:15pm
How to Reach Sps Museum
- Drive to here or take a autorickshaw.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Srinagar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Srinagar and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.2% of people who visit Srinagar include Sps Museum in their plan
95% of people start their Sps Museum visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sps Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sps Museum