Are you looking for what to do in Srinagar?
PLACES TO SEE
Srinagar is particularly well-known for its scenery made even more gorgeous by sculpted gardens from the Mughal Empire.
- Dal Lake: Dal is a beautiful lake in the city of Srinagar. It is obvious that it’s the pride of Srinagar but Kashmir as well from the nicknames given to it: Srinagar’s jewel and Jewel in the “Crown of Kashmir”. This is an absolute must visit site in the city of Srinagar and a very enjoyable experience as well.
- Shankaracharya Temple:The Shankarcharya Temple is considered to be one of the most important places to visit in Srinagar. The temple is dedicated to an old saint and one of the most brilliant minds in the history of Indian thought and Philosophy.
- Nishat Garden:Nishat or Joy resides in the very name of this place. The joyful gardens which lie to the east of the Dal Lake are an absolute delight to visit. One of the few glorious Mughal Gardens worth visiting in Srinagar, this terraced garden is the second largest one you will see.
- PariMahal: The PariMahal is a lovely ruin that is known for the stunning views of the Dal Lake, the mountains and hills and Srinagar city that this place provides. The Name PariMahal means Palace of the angels and it is quite apt considering the view is exactly what an angel watching over the city would have.
- Shah-e- hamdan: The Shah-e-Hamdan is a stunning mosque worth visiting in the city of Srinagar. Built of wood, it may not seem like a very interesting place to see but the amazing architecture makes it one of the must see places in the area.
PLACES TO DO
- Market nearHazratbal Mosque: Market next to the Hazratbal has amazing fresh produce and delicious food on offer.
- LalChowkGhantaghar: If you want to shop for souvenirs this is the place to visit. From shawls to pretty handmade trinkets you get it all here.
- John International: This place, located near Nehru Park, produces quality shawls and also deals in saffron.
- Kashmir Shawl Museum: If Kashmiri Shawls have been a fascination for you, you can learn how they are made at the Kashmir Shawl Museum. You can also buy any ones you particularly like.
Below we have a list of things to do in Srinagar and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Srinagar getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Srinagar with confidence.