Srisailam is a Hindu shrine located in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, India. Surrounded by the Nallamala Hills, this pilgrimage center of Lord Shiva is one of his twelve jyotirlingas situated on the banks of Krishna River. The major attraction which makes Srisailam a prominent tourist destination is the Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Temple, reputed to be one of the most ancient kshetras in India. It is also the only temple in India esteemed as both a Jyotirlinga and Shakti Peeth. Apart from this temple, Srisailam has a lot more to offer. It features picturesque dams and rivers, ancient caves, local museums, a tiger reserve, and many architecturally significant places that make it a location suitable for not just religious travelers, but for all kinds of tourists.
The highest point of Srisailam features the Shikhareshwara Temple which, apart from being a vital religious spot, offers panoramic vistas of the river and the city. This quaint little city is one of the few budget-friendly places where you can explore religious monuments along with the rich architecture and beautiful landscapes. If the enchanting bells, the soulful reverberations of aartis, ancient architecture, mouth-watering local cuisines, and tribal culture is what seems exciting to you, then start planning your trip to this beautiful city of Srisailam. You will love the city for its dams, scenic river valleys, religious spots, and the traditional culture.
Essential travel information and Srisailam tips for your visit
- Time Zone: IST (Indian Standard Time) GMT+5:30
- Currency: Currency used in Srisailam is the Indian Rupee
- Electricity: India uses 230 Volts, 50 Hz alternating current as the power source. Plugs and sockets have grounded/earthed 3 Pin connections (Type D) or ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C).
- Internet: 3G is available for almost all Indian networks in the city. Wi-Fi might be available in some luxury hotels.
- Languages: Primary Language in Srisailam is Telugu and the secondary languages are Hindi and English
- Security: Police: 100, Fire: 101, Ambulance: 102, 108, Railway Enquiry: 131, 135
- Avoid traveling to the city during summers. If you plan to do so, carry lots of liquid and stay hydrated for a hassle-free trip.
- Keep all your cash and valuables under lock and key in your hotel room. Avoid carrying and exhibiting them on busy streets.
- Make sure to remove your footwear before entering the temple premises.
Srisailam Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Srisailam. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Srisailam trip planner.