How to Reach Srisailam
Srisailam is a popular tourist destination attracting numerous tourists throughout the year. The city is small, but well connected and here are the ways how you can reach Srisailam.
- By Air: The nearest airport to Srisailam is the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad, located about 200 kilometers from the sacred city. This airport is very well connected with the rest of airports in India and has flights for many cities big and small like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Tirupati, Vijayawada, and others. Many international flights are also available to and from this airport. From the airport, you can take a public transport vehicle like a bus or a private taxi and reach Srisailam.
- By Bus: AC, Luxury, non-AC and local buses are available from many cities to help you travel to Srisailam. Most buses start at Hyderabad and the average travel time by bus from Hyderabad is 6 hours. There are both private and government-run buses from Hyderabad as well as the smaller towns of Vijayawada, Tirupati, and Guntur. Buses run by TSRTC and APSRTC are prominent in the area.
- By Rail: The closest railway station to Srisailam is the Markapur Railway station, located about 90 kilometers away from this city. This station is well-connected with the rest of India and many major trains halt at this station. From the railway station, you can take buses or private taxis to reach Srisailam.
Srisailam is a small city that can be easily walked through. But there are several modes of transport available to get you from one attraction to the other.
- By Bus: No particular intra-city bus networks are available in Srisailam. However, privately operated small buses are available to carry you to-and-from different points in the city.
- By Cab: Privately owned, small cab services are available in the city that offer cabs for rent on an hourly and daily basis.
- By Auto-Rickshaws: The most widely used transportation means in the city is the auto-rickshaws that are available to take you from one point to the other.