Sakshi Ganapati Temple2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh 518001, Srisailam, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Temple, Family And Kids
The pilgrims who come to Srisailam first visit the Sakshi Ganapathi Devasthanam before they make their way to the Srisailam Temple. Even though smaller than other temples seen around the town, the Ganapati temple enchants its visitors by its lush-green natural surroundings, spiritual atmosphere and the black idol of Lord Ganesh that is placed in the shrine. The temple is barely crowded and you can take your time observing the area before making your way through the hills to Sraisailam.
It is believed that the temple is named ‘Sakshi’ (which translates to ‘witness’) owing to the idea that Ganesha at this temple keeps evidence of your visit to Srisailam. Take some time to say a humble prayer to Lord Ganesh (the God of happiness) or simply spend a few moments here in meditation.
Sakshi Ganapati Temple Travel Tips
- It is customary to remove your footwear before entering the temple.
- Wear modest clothes. Traditional Indian wear is recommended.
How to Reach Sakshi Ganapati Temple
- By Bus: APSRTC bus station Srisailam (2.5 kilometers away)
- By renting a Cab/ Taxi for the day.
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Srisailam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Srisailam and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.17% of people who visit Srisailam include Sakshi Ganapati Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
95% of people start their Sakshi Ganapati Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sakshi Ganapati Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sakshi Ganapati Temple