St Andrews Links, St Andrews
About St Andrews Links, St Andrews
St Andrews Links, St Andrews - Address, Phone Number
Address: The Castle Course Clubhouse, A917, St Andrews KY16 9SF, UK
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Sport, Golf Course, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A collection of 7 Golf courses- Old Course, Castle Course, New Course, Jubilee Course, Eden Course, Strathtyrum Course and Balgove Course, the St Andrews Links is one of the most popular golf places in the world!
The link has a history of 600 years and has been used since the 1400’s. This is the very place where the 22-hole Old Course was turned into an 18-hole course that became a standard for the sport, worldwide. Today, you can Golf at the iconic place by making prior bookings or simply take a walk around to feel its historic grounds.
St Andrews Links Information
- For dressing codes and other information, visit the official website.
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
St Andrews Links Ticket Prices
- 1 January - 31 March: Euros 85 (For both adults and juniors)
- 1 April - 17 April: Euros 120 (For both adults and juniors)
- 18 April - 16 October: Euros 175 (For both adults and juniors)
- 17th October - 31 October: Euros 123 (For both adults and juniors)
- 1 November - 31 December: Euros 88 (For both adults and juniors)
- 1 January - 31 March: Euros 60 (30 for Junior)
- 1 April - 17 April: Euros 84 (42 for Junior)
- 18 April - 16 October: Euros 120 (60 for Junior)
- 17th October - 31 October: Euros 84 (42 for Junior)
- 1 November - 31 December: Euros 60 (30 for Junior)
For prices of other courses and rentals, visit the official website.
St Andrews Links Opening and Closing Hours
- You can access the place by making early booking (at least 2 days prior).
How To reach St Andrews Links by Public Transport
- By Bus: Adj Woodburn Terrace (3 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St Andrews before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Andrews and book an accommodation of your choice.
St Andrews Links, St Andrews Reviews - Write a Review
Great views. Tough greens to deal with, but a very enjoyable course and certainly worth a game or two.
I for one love the design, some say its to difficult but I actually had my best round here!
Played this course 3 years ago. Had to play it again... it's that good! Yes, the Old Course is fantastic due to history, fame, charm... but the top 2 courses in St Andrews are the Castle Course and Kingsbarns. Played a round 3 days ago and hired a caddy. Because as a single player, I couldn't book a tee time (as a single, show up and they pair you up. Once a tee time has been made, then you can hire a caddie). So - called ahead, just to make sure caddies were available. I was told yes 4 hours in advance. Called again 1 hour before getting there and told yes again. Once on property - I was again told that I had a caddie reserved. Well, no. My caddie was 20 minutes late! I was on hole 2 by the time he showed up. The guy was a very nice college kid - but utterly useless as a caddie! He sucked. He gave me wrong sight lines off the tee. He would read greens incorrectly. Cause he'd give me wrong info off the tee - on a few holes I was in 'trouble'. My caddie was useless at finding my lost ball. Just terrible was of 50+30 pounds (about $110 USD!). Now - I don't blame the college kid caddie. St Andrews should have nothing but 'cream of the crop' caddies! Spoke to Kevin Mackay who runs the entire place at Castle Course. What a f'in joke this guy was! Unapologetic. Unconcerned. Simply didn't care. He took my mobile number down, said he'd talk with the caddie master that night and call me. 3 days later and nothing! No apology. No call. When flying to Scotland for a week and spending thousands and thousands of dollars -- you just expect more. The Castle Course is awesome. The staff is great. But I had an incompetent caddie and a manager who was a f'in jerk!
We'd previously played the Old Course, New Course and Jubilee at St Andrews. The Castle Course was our final round and was clearly our favourite. A real test of golf with a gorgeous clubhouse and phenomenal service from all staff
We played this a couple of weeks ago as part of a 50th Birthday trip which also included playing Carnoustie and 2 courses at Gleneagles. The feeling among the boys and mine included was that this was the best course we played. The views are simply stunning and the course is a great test of golf. The greens....well....these are something special and very very testing...the staff were outstanding and the clubhouse is fantastic with great food...everyone said they'd have no hesitation in playing the course again and is well worth a visit.
- Nearby Attractions
- Topping & Company Booksellers Of St Andrews
- Birchwood Cottage Gallery And Tearoom
- Martyr's Memorial
- 213 South St
- St Andrews Golf Hotel
- West Port Court
- North Street
- Ayton House
- Blackfriars Chapel
- Braeside House
- St Andrews Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in St Andrews
- What to See in 48 Hours in St Andrews
- What to See in 72 Hours in St Andrews
- How to Spend 5 Days in St Andrews
- How to Spend 6 Days in St Andrews
- How to Spend 7 Days in St Andrews