Events and Festivals in St Augustine
- (Jan 1-31) St Augustine Nights of Lights: Holiday Illumination throughout historic St. Augustine.
- (Jan 8) Living History Day: At Fort Matanzas Living History Day at Fort Matanzas National Monument.
- (Jan 5) St. Augustine Chocolate Tour: Guided journey to the finest chocolatiers in St. Augustine. Learn the history of chocolate while sampling truffles, pastries, and mouth-watering delights.
- (Jan 10) Twelve Night Ball: Relive the old tradition of celebrating the Feast of the Epiphany with a costume ball at Government House. Participants must be dressed in 18th century costume of any nation, as well as bring one pot luck dish and wine, if so desired.
- (Feb 2) Living History Day at Fort Matanzas: The 18th century Spanish fort that guarded the southern approach to St. Augustine hosted by authentically clad re-enactors will demonstrate Spanish muskets and cannons at the fort.
- (Feb. 14) St. Augustine Historic Inns: Valentine's Day - Plan a romantic bed & breakfast getaway for someone you love.
- (Feb 22-24) The 28th Annual Cathedral Festival: Located at the The Mission of Nombre De Dios. Free Admission so enjoy visiting the festival to browse Tents, Bingo, Bakery Goods Booth, Food and Beverage Court and a Midway which includes rides for all ages.
- (Feb 23) NOCHE DE GALA (NIGHT OF THE GALA: Menendez Birthday celebration for Don Pedro Menendez, founder of St. Augustine: 16th century masked ball celebrating the birthday of St. Augustine’s founder, don Pedro Menendez de Aviles. Guests will be escorted to the festivities by re-enactors in period clothing.
- (Feb 23) St Augustine Uptown Saturday Night: Enjoy extended shopping hours, live entertainment, book signings by local and regional authors, performance art, refreshments, and original works of art, as the quaint shops along San Marco Avenue in St. Augustine.
- (Mar 1) St Augustine Lighthouse Night Festival.
- (Mar 8-9) Searle's Raid 17th Century re-enactment of Captain Robert Searle Raid of St Augustine. Annual event commemorates the bloody pirate raid led by Robert Searle (AKA John Davis) against the city and inhabitants of St. Augustine in 1668.
- (March 21-23) 33rd Lions Seafood & Music Festival: Enjoy live entertainment, great seafood, arts & crafts and so much more. St Augustine Lions 32nd Annual Seafood, Music Festival and Arts & Crafts.
- (Apr 4-6) Rhythm & Ribs Festival: Annual festival featuring championship BBQ dishes from around the country. A variety of outstanding entertainment throughout the weekend at St. Francis Field on Castillo Drive.
- (Apr 12-13) Epic Celebration of Spring. Gala Celebration of food, gardening, - a weekend of food, fun and flowers offering gourmet dining, a food festival and a flower and garden.
- (Apr 13) Blessing of the Fleet Commercial and pleasure craft alike receive a blessing from the Bishop of the Diocese of St. Augustine.
- (Apr 20) 54rd Annual Easter Parade of marching bands, floats, drill teams, clowns, Royal Family and the city's carriage horses wearing hats donated by nationally recognized women.
- (Apr 20) Easter Sunrise Services: One of the year's most beautiful mornings overlooking the Matanzas River from historic downtown St. Augustine.
- (Apr 26) Uptown Saturday Night: On the last Saturday of each month From 5:00 to 9:00 pm, the galleries, antique stores and unique shops between Ripley’s Museum and the Mission of Nombre de Dios in St. Augustine’s Uptown San Marco Shopping District remain open during this special evening.
- (May 3-5) Annual Gamble Rodgers Festival - Annual three-day celebration of the music, stories and dance that made Gamble Rogers famous.
- (May 6-12) THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP - THE PLAYERS Championship is recognized by PGA TOUR members as their championship tournament.
- (May 12) Mother's Day - The St. Augustine Historic Inns invite you to give Mom a special gift and sweep her off her feet to a bed & breakfast mid-week getaway.
- (May 19) The St. Augustine Beach Civic Association is sponsoring the 8th Annual "Taste of the Beach" Annual 'taste-fest' with the crowd and judges selecting the coveted "Best of the Beach" restaurant at the end of the evening.
- (Jun 1) Drake's Raid: Conducted by the Historic Florida Militia, the re-enactment provides an up-close look at what it was like for St. Augustine residents to defend their city against overwhelming odds.
- (Jun 1) Concert in the Plaza: Weekly Concerts in the Downtown Plaza are free of charge and those attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
- (Jun 8-10) King Buster Classic: More than 400 boats participate in the premiere Southern Kingfish competition of the year. St. Augustine Municipal Marina, located at Avenida Menendez and the Bridge of Lions.
- (Jun 13) Concert in the Plaza: Weekly Concerts in the Downtown Plaza are free of charge and those attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
- (June 16) Father's Day Weekend: Treat Dad to a Golf and Romantic B&B Getaway.
- (Jun 22) Greek Landing Day Festival: Sponsored by St. Photios Nat'l. Greek Orthodox Shrine. Celebrate the arrival of the first colony of Greeks in N. America.
- (Jul 27) The Bridge of Lions 5K which, the 3rd largest race in St Johns County, will be held on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 7:30 am. The race will begin at Castillo de San Marcos and finishes at Oglethorp Park in Davis Shores.
- (Aug 8) Concert in the Plaza: Weekly Concerts in the Downtown Plaza are free of charge and those attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
- (Sep 11) Concert in the Plaza: Weekly Concerts in the Downtown Plaza are free of charge and those attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
- (Oct 4) 5th Annual Fiesta de Aviles Aviles Street, St. Augustine, Florida. Celebrate St. Augustine's historic heritage with live music, costumes, art exhibits and a special running of the "bulls" along Aviles Street.
- (Oct 4) Sunset Celebration at Vilano Beach Town Centre. A celebration of a spectacular sunset across the bay featuring dozens of market vendors, live music, local arts and crafts and more at the Vilano Pier on the Intracoastal Waterway.
- (Oct 4-50 Datil Pepper Festival and Cook-off with Home and Garden Show. Annual celebration of the spicy Datil Pepper. On Saturday, local restaurants participate in a cook off of recipes using the Datil pepper in appetizers and entrees.
- (Oct 10-12) The Annual Greek Festival hosted by Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church will be held at the Francis Field, 29 W. Castillo Dr. St. Augustine, FL, next to the downtown Visitor's Centre Parking Garage. A delicious assortment of Greek foods, pastries and beverages will be served.
- (Oct 18) 2nd Annual Food Truck Wars. 40 Gourmet Food Trucks from around Florida battle for awards at St. Augustine's 2nd Annual Food Truck War. Features celebrity judges, live music, beer garden, a kid’s area and lots of food.
- (Oct 18-19) St. Augustine Maritime Heritage Festival. St Augustine maritime history celebration, two-day festival at the Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park.
- (Oct 25) St Augustine UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT - (the last Saturday of the month) Enjoy extended shopping hours, live entertainment and book signings as the quaint shops along San Marco Avenue in St. Augustine extend their hours for an evening of entertainment and shopping.
- (Oct 26-31) Halloween - Haunted St. Augustine is everywhere. Hayrides, ghost tour walks, trick or treat parties.
- (Nov 2-3) 7th Annual Ponte Vedra Beach Food and Winefest: Explore the food and wine scene of Ponte Vedra while sampling the variety of culinary delights and wines available in the community.
- (Nov 2) 7th Annual St. Augustine Car Cruisers Car, Truck and Motorcycle show: See all years, makes and models of vehicles there will be live entertainment, games, music, food and more.
- (Nov 2-3) British Garrison Weekend at the Castillo De San Marcos at Castillo de San Marcos. Experience what the Castillo de San Marcos was like during the British military occupation of 1763-1784. Actors and rangers will be dressed as British colonial soldiers as they provide historic weapon demonstrations, talks and displays.
- (Nov 8-10) 31th Annual Lincolnville Festival: St. Augustine’s rich African American cultural heritage. Lincolnville is one of St. Augustine’s oldest neighbourhoods with more than half of its buildings dating from the late 19th century black settlement.
- Nov 9) 26th Annual Great Chowder Debate. Local restaurants compete with their award-winning chowder recipes.
- (Nov 16-17)11th Annual Holiday Open House at the San Sebastian Winery. Wine tasting, great music, hors d'oeuvres.
- (Nov 11-17) St. Johns County Fair at the County Fairgrounds. Get a taste for St. Johns County agricultural heritage by enjoying exhibits, food, fun, entertainment and the best that it produces.
- (Nov 16-Jan31) St Augustine Nights of Lights. More than a million white lights outline historic St. Augustine. Christmas tree lighting ceremony. Entertainment.
- (Nov 16-18) Siege Weekend at Castillo de San Marcos. Learn about colonial military warfare and the architecture and engineering of this national monument that was built between 1672 and 1695 as a siege fortress.
- (Nov 24-25) St Augustine Fall Art & Craft Festival: Sponsored by the St. Augustine Art Association.. This two day event features art created from lace to limestone and crayons to crystal.
- (Nov 24-Dec 30) St Augustine Holly Jolly Trolley tour Of the Nights of Lights Experience a spectacular tour and enjoy the beautiful Nights of Lights celebrations aboard the Holly Jolly Christmas Trolley.
- (Dec 1) St. Augustine Christmas Parade A grand St. Augustine tradition in 56th year. Bands, floats, Santa Claus.
- (Dec 4) St Augustine Lighthouse Luminary Night at The Lighthouse - See the lights of St. Augustine from the top of the tower! Bring the kids, enjoy holiday music, cider, and even take time out to visit Santa! Location: St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum.
- (Dec 7) 33nd Annual St Augustine Holiday Regatta of Lights Boat Parade - Regale your eyes with a holiday parade of boats from 15 to 85 feet in length – sailboats, trawlers, shrimp boats and many other vessels aglitter with brilliant lighted displays ranging from patriotic to whimsical.
- (Dec 7-8) British Encampment Held in conjunction with the St Augustine British Night watch. Encampment St Francis Field. Open from 9am to dusk, showing the British Soldiers life in the field and equipment used in the 18th Century. Field demonstrations, musket firing, marching, mass troop movements, bayonet drills, changing of the guards & cannon firing.
- (Dec 8) St Augustine Grande Illumination Carry a candle and follow the torchlight parade from the Government House to the Plaza to hear the governor's proclamation, watch the soldiers fire their muskets in salute to the season and sing Christmas carols at the plaza.
- (Dec 8) St Augustine 45th Annual Christmas Tour of Homes - Enjoy Christmas in Historic St. Augustine, the St. Augustine Garden Club’s annual tour that will showcase homes around Maria Sanchez Lake, the bay and South St George Street.
- (Dec 14-15) 20th Annual Holiday Tour of Historic Bed & Breakfast Inns Award-Winning St. Augustine Historic Inn tour where the inns and innkeepers are dressed up in holiday finery and invite guests inside for merry taste of hospitality. Sample specialty treats provided by the city's top restaurants.
- (Dec 31) St Augustine Beach Blast 2013 - Fire & Ice Chili Cook-Off & New Year’s Eve Fireworks Show Fire and Ice will follow in the tradition of a down home Chili cook. Chili from a variety of St. Augustine’s finest restaurants will be offered to the public throughout the day and be judged by a panel of local judges with a winner emerging as the Best in St. Augustine.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of St Augustine
935 Views2 Days 1 NightTwo Days Of Sightseeing And Shopping In St AugustineBy: Marry Jones
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of St Augustine
Save 7%Ripley's Red Train Hop-On Hop-Off Tour in St Augustine, Florida3 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 20 Mins
Ripleys Red Train is the citys oldest tour and still the best value! Enjoy a narrated 90-minute Historic tour of St. Augustin...
Save 9%Secrets of St Augustine Ghost Tours25 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 15 Mins
A 75 minute walking tour led by Dion Moore, The American Spinner, will guide you through the historic and haunted streets of ...
Save 7%St. Augustine Nights of Lights Boat Cruise7 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs
Saint Augustine's Nights of Lights can be traced back to the 453-year old city's Spanish history. In that tradition, people p...
Save 4%St Johns River Airboat Safari6 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
This River Safari isamong the most exciting fresh water tours that Florida has to offer. Experience the freshwater tributarie...