History, Mystery, Mayhem, And MurderCurrently Closed
- Address: City Walks & Tour Saint Augustine Inc., 4 Granada Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084, St Augustine, United States
- Timings: 07:30 pm - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9048250087
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, Observatory, Walking Area, Cemetery, Family And Kids, Nature
Whispers move through the road, feel the vibration of history under your feet as you make your way down timeless streets guided only by a lantern. Stories of Ghosts and Legends, Pirate Raids, Plunders, and Unsolved Murders plague the street in St. Augustine and it is all real. The town’s bloody past come to life as you venture down the unending street with the ‘ghost’ tour called History, Mystery, Mayhem and Murder.
Join City walks on this captivating, lantern-lit evening stroll that explores the actual true petrifying history behind the legends. Yellow fever appeared in the U.S. in the late 17th century. The deadly virus continued to strike cities, mostly eastern seaports and Gulf Coast cities, for the next two hundred years, killing hundreds, sometimes thousands in a single summer. It was deemed one of the most dangerous infectious diseases in the 19th century. Listen to the gore and the gruesome stories of the unfortunate.
Travel along the darkest corners of St. Augustine and relate to the mayhem and murderous tales of pirate sackings. They pillaged and plundered villages in their wake and took everything by force. Hear the graphic details of Osceola, a Seminole chief who was captured and jailed at the Castillo de San Marcos, a local Inn that was once a funeral parlour and details of Bishop Verot’s metal coffin and his tomb in the Tolomato Cemetery on Cordova Street. Indian were slaughtered and their brutal murders went unsolved.
Patrolman S. A. McCormick was walking his beat late on the night of April 2, 1914, a nice evening with a light breeze, when he was horrified to see flames pouring from a second story window of the all-wooden Florida House on Treasury Street. It was the start of a holocaust which took one woman's life, completely destroyed five tourist hotels, and gutted a large part of the very centre of St. Augustine's historic mid-section.
Divulge in ancient facts and tales and feel the shiver down your spine as history unfolds before you.
History, Mystery, Mayhem, And Murder Travel Tips
- This place is close is between 9.00pm to 9.30pm.
- Please note there are no scheduled restroom or refreshment stops on this tour.
- The History, Mystery, Mayhem & Murder tour is an easy walk in distance and is stroller/wheelchair friendly.
- This tour is pet friendly. All dogs must be kept on a leash as mandated by St Augustine city ordinance.
- This tour is appropriate for most children.
- Tour size is limited to a maximum of 16 participants per tour.
- This tour operates Rain or Shine – bring an umbrella! The guides only cancel in the event of severe weather.
- The History, Mystery, Mayhem & Murder tour meanders St. Augustine's ancient city streets, so wear comfortable shoes.
- A gratuity to your guide at the end of the tour is not included in your ticket, and is graciously accepted if you have enjoyed your tour.
- Tour does not offer hotel pick-up, the specifics of the tour departure location in downtown St. Augustine will be provided on your E-Ticket.
- There is no child discount, but ages 6 and under are free.
- Ann O’ Malley’s : American
- Mojo Old City BBQ: BBQ, Bar
- Al’s Pizza: Italian
- Cruisers Grill: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in St Augustine before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Augustine and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.05% of people who visit St Augustine include History, Mystery, Mayhem, And Murder in their plan
95% of people start their History, Mystery, Mayhem, And Murder visit around 7 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see History, Mystery, Mayhem, And Murder
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting History, Mystery, Mayhem, And Murder
People normally also visit St Augustine Pirate And Treasure Museum while planning their trip to History, Mystery, Mayhem, And Murder.