St Augustine Alligator Farm Tours
About St Augustine Alligator Farm, St Augustine
Maximo hatched from an egg collected by aborigines along the river bank and grew to his adult size in Australia. Now he shares his home with uncommon magical creatures called the Albino Alligators. According to legend, you gaze upon these beautiful reptiles from the Louisiana bayou and good luck and fortune will shower upon you. Both these creatures can be spotted at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm.
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park is one of Florida's oldest continuously running attractions, having opened on May 20, 1893. It has 23 species of crocodilians, a variety of other reptiles, mammals, and birds, as well as exhibits, animal performances and educational demonstrations. The park began in 1893 on St. Augustine Beach as a minor attraction at the end of a railway running through Anastasia Island. The alligator were added as a tourist attraction and soon the reptiles themselves became the main point of interest.
In 1993, for their 100 year anniversary, the park became the first place in the world to display every species of crocodilian. This is the only place where you can see every species of alligator, crocodile, caiman, and garial. The zoo also includes exotic birds, monkeys, and other reptiles. The bird collection includes hornbills, cassowary, marabou, Cape Griffon Vultures, and Pesquet's Parrots. In 2008 the zoo opened a new Komodo dragon facility that also exhibits lizards and snakes found within the range of the saltwater crocodile. The back section of the park contains a large bird rookery, where free-roaming local birds species such as egrets, herons, wood storks and roseate spoonbills nest and rear their young.
Gomek originated from New Guinea. It was a massive 18 feet long crocodile and the largest to have lived in this zoo. He is now preserved and surrounded by exhibits, rare and beautifully handcrafted art from Papua New Guinea. There are a large number of exhibits on the farm and a different educational program at the top of every hour. There is a feeding demonstration every day at 12 noon & 3 p.m. You can even buy food to feed the smaller alligators. During one of the shows you have the opportunity to pet an alligator as well.
The Alligator Farm strives to inspire appreciation and understanding of crocodilians and all other wildlife in the souls of all the guests. Crocodile Crossing is the Alligator Farm’s zip-line, a new attraction opened in 2011. People zip over the entire park, literally seeing live crocodilians, lemurs and tropical birds from a new outlook.
St Augustine Alligator Farm Information
- Fully laced closed shoes must be worn and a valid ID is required.
- There are two courses, the lower shorter Sepik River Course or the more adventurous and challenging Nile River Course.
- Fully enclosed lace up shoes and valid form of ID required.
- Participants must be 10 years old and maximum weight of 250 pounds is allowed on the zip line.
- Please allow up to 2 hours to complete the Nile River course.
- Reservations are required for Crocodile Crossing.
- You will be required to take off headbands and jewellery.
- Leave your phone, keys, battery operated devices, and cameras in their free lockers.
- You will be given a harness and a pair of gloves. A guide will then help to harness you.
- Wear long short to prevent any rubbing and rashes from the harness.
- The group will go ahead and do the little practice course to see how the ropes and hooks (carabineers) work, then you enter the course with your group.
- The Toucantina Snack Bar offers a variety of snack, dining and beverage.
- Adults can choose from a variety of domestic beers on tap.
- Entrees encompass sandwiches and quick-service items, including several delicious vegetarian options.
- Place your order, and then have a seat in our shaded dining area which overlooks the Galapagos tortoise exhibit! Watching these gentle giants mosey about creates a unique and relaxing dining experience.
St Augustine Alligator Farm Tickets Prices
- For Adults: $ 23
- Children: $ 12
- Adults in wheelchair: $ 12
- Children in wheel chairs: $ 6
- Discounted Group Rates for Adults, AAA, military & senior citizens: $ 20.66; Children in a group: $ 10.76; Organized tour groups (10+ people) 30% off; One driver and one escort admitted at no charge; Adults: $ 16.07; Children: $ 8.37
- Education Group trips have separate tickets.
St Augustine Alligator Farm Opening and Closing Hours
- Extended summer hours from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Restaurants Near St Augustine Alligator Farm
- Gypsy Cab Co Restaurant: American
- Anastasia Kitchen: Breakfast, desserts
- Creative Juices Natural Cafe: Juice, smoothies, vegan, soups and salad
- Nalu’s: Seafood
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St Augustine before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Augustine and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 999 Anastasia Blvd., Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Ticket Price: 23 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6K times in trip plans
Wildlife Park, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book St Augustine Alligator Farm Tickets And Tours
Prepare your crew for an action packed day of offshore fishing in the deep blue ocean! Fishing from as close as 6 miles offshore, all the way up to the waters of the Gulf Stream 60 miles offshore. Expect to encounter species such as wahoo, tuna, Mahdi, grouper, snapper, trigger fish, sharks, dolphins, turtles, and much more!
Rodman Reservoir is legendary due to the number of trophy bass it has produced for fisherman over the years since its creation. It has been consistently ranked as one of the top ten best bass lakes in the country. Explore the swamp a historic extension of the St. Johns River. View wildlife in their natural habitat while experiencing the thrill of fishing on this 6-hour trip. This activity is suited for first-timers and experienced anglers. This activity is great for all ages and the boat is accessible for all physical abilities. All fishing equipment and safety gear included.
This tour is a combination of all the helicopter tours in St. Augustine, 98 miles from Orlando, making it the most comprehensive tour available!
Departing east from the airport in St. Augustine, approx. 98 miles from Orlando, take to the skies by helicopter and soar over the intra-coastal waterway to North Beach. You'll enjoy a breathtaking view of the beach and coastline as you fly low and fast to Porpoise Point.
Share your experience - Rate St Augustine Alligator Farm, St Augustine
This park is fantastic. My visit took place in February of 2017. The diversity in species of crocodiles and alligators is amazing, and the addition of other animals makes it more like a full fledged zoo. The feeding show is absolutely incredible to witness, it's a must if visiting the park. The staff here was friendly, the facility was clean, and the animals seemed to have ample room and quality enclosures.
A great place for kids of all ages! But you have to take your time. You cannot just blast through and expect get your money's worth. These beautiful creatures don't perform. They are there to be watched and appreciated. Be sure to stay hydrated if you go in the summer. And don't miss the feedings! Also, the entrance fee us for the whole day. You can go in and out as you please. Triple A discount is 10%. If you think you might go three times in a year, get the photography pass. Even if you aren't a photographer. It's only $90 and you can go every day for a year! Plus there are some other benefits.
I was impressed by the size and how well kept the place is. The staff was nice and the service at the snack place was great. They have shaded seating areas everywhere to rest and get away from the heat. And there are many kinds of crocodiles of course, but also a nice balance of other interesting birds and mammals.
Fun experience for the kids. Make sure you know the times for the live feedings, it gets pretty crowded around the enclosure during so it's a good idea to have a spot with a good view before the crowd starts forming. They have a few indoor areas with exhibits so you can escape the Florida heat for a moment. The staff was friendly as well. All the alligators in the pictures are real!
This was a fun visit for the whole family. The staff was polite and helpful. We say tons of species of alligator and crocodiles. You will pay tourist prices to get in, but it isn't just a 10 minute visit. They have a variety os scheduled events throughout the day. Take advantage of the souvenir picture options. You can sit with a snake or baby alligator. For a special treat you can get a pic with a BIG alligator. Couldn't talk the misses into it, so maybe next time. Overall, I recommend. On of the best maintained alligator farms I have ever visited.
- Other Attractions
- Bubblegum Alley
- Mission San Luis Obispo De Tolosa
- Avila Valley Barn
- Downtown Slo Farmer's Market
- Bishop Peak
- Performing Arts Center
- Edna Valley Vineyard
- San Luis Obispo Children's Museum
- San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden
- History Center And Museum Of San Luis Obispo County And Dallidet Adobe & Gardens
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Bubblegum Alley
- Luxury Hotels Near Mission San Luis Obispo De Tolosa
- 5 Star Hotels Near Avila Valley Barn
- Luxury Hotels Near Downtown Slo Farmer's Market
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bishop Peak
- Cheap Hotels Near Performing Arts Center
- Cheap Hotels Near Edna Valley Vineyard
- Luxury Hotels Near San Luis Obispo Children's Museum
- 5 Star Hotels Near San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near History Center And Museum Of San Luis Obispo County And Dallidet Adobe & Gardens
- City Tripplans
- St Augustine Itinerary 2 Days
- St Augustine Itinerary 5 Days
- St Augustine Itinerary 1 Day
- 3 Day Trip to St Augustine from St Augustine
- St Augustine Itinerary 4 Days
- St Augustine Itinerary 3 Days
- St Augustine Itinerary 6 Days
- St Augustine Itinerary 2 Days
- St Augustine Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to St Augustine from St Augustine