Enjoy a live production, immerse yourself in the festivals and relax with a cool drink. Marvel at the passion and delivery as world renowned artists bring to life the St. Augustine Amphitheatre. This diverse music venue had concerts hosted by Dylan, Ringo Star and Bonnie Raitt.
The St. Augustine Amphitheatre is a venue for outdoor concerts and other large gatherings on A1A in St Augustine, Florida, United States. The Amphitheatre seats 3,493 persons, and is managed by the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation department. The Amphitheatre was built in 1965 to honour the 400th anniversary of the founding of St. Augustine. The land was originally part of Anastasia State Park. The amphitheatre itself was constructed in one of the old coquina quarries used to supply building materials for St. Augustine and the Castillo de San Marcos.
The Pulitzer Prize winning writer Paul Green was appointed to write a play to be performed at the Amphitheatre. The result was Cross and Sword: A Symphonic Drama of the Spanish Settlement of Florida, a musical re-enactment of the first years of St. Augustine's existence. Cross and Sword was designated the official state play in 1973 by the Florida Legislature. The play ran until 1996, when budget constraints ended its more than 30-year run.
The amphitheatre was used occasionally during the following years, though it did host a free summer Shakespeare Festival from 1997 to 2003. In 2002, St. Johns County acquired the property and the following year began an $8.7 million renovation. The promoted facility reopened in August 2007, which includes a fiberglass tensile canopy over the main stage.
The seating inside the amphitheatre is great and the ticket prices are very reasonable. The staff was very helpful and ensures your comfort for the duration of any concert. There are outstanding drinks and food stalls. The Friends of the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, Inc. (FOSAA) is a non-profit organization committed to making the Amphitheatre more accessible to the community. They organise farmers markets, online guitar auctions and other related services.
- Illegal or un- prescribed drugs are not allowed, or pepper spray, no weapons of any kind, fireworks, and drugs or alcohol.
- Video Cameras, spiked jewellery, chains, are not allowed.
- Laptops, Computers, IPads, Audio Recorders, and Tripods are not allowed.
- No Strollers, Skateboards, Roller blades, umbrellas, chairs, or back packs.
- Animals are not allowed except service animals to aid guests with disabilities.
- No Gifts for the Band, or musical instruments.
- Smoking is only possible in the designated areas.
- A ticket is not required for children two and under if the child remains in the lap of the accompanying parent or guardian.
- If a seat is desired for the child a ticket must be purchased at regular price.
- Food, Candy, Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic Beverages can be purchased inside the amphitheatre.
- Restaurants & Hotels are all nearby.
- Parking is located on-site at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre and three satellite locations.
- For tickets to an upcoming event, please go to our EVENTS listing page for a direct link to purchase tickets online.
- Tickets for most events are sold via Ticketmaster. Some shows may have a different ticket seller per arrangements with the show’s promoter. Please see the show listing on our EVENTS page for specific show details.
- Accepted methods of payment include cash, local check, visa, MasterCard, and discover.
- Please note that during the first 2 hours of an on-sale, purchases at the box office may be limited to best available seating only. Those purchasing tickets will not be able to select specific seats.
- Group Sales- Please call Box Office to inquire.
- Closed on all St Johns County Holidays.
- Open until 1 hour after event time on event days.
- Nalu’s: Seafood
- Black Knight Deli: Delicatessen
- Gypsy Cab Co Restaurant: American
- Five Flags Cafe: Cafe, American
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St Augustine before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Augustine and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.2% of people who visit St Augustine include St. Augustine Amphitheatre in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
38.97% of people start their St. Augustine Amphitheatre visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Augustine Amphitheatre
51.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Augustine Amphitheatre
Great outdoor venue. Ample parking. Easy to get in and out. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. It's large and holds a good number of people, yet retains an intimate feel. Very clean and we'll maintained. They manage crowds well, and have different areas to hang out in. Beautiful surroundings. One of our favorite music venues.
I've been here several times for concerts. The sound is amazing, it's organized, security is pretty spot on especially when you're sitting in the pit and paid $300+ for 2 seats. Cocktails and beer are offered. Several food choices. Cons: water in a box. Tastes like the carton. Concerts in the summer are hotter than hell in wool. That's about it.
St. Augustine Amphitheatre is one of my favorite venue's to see a concert at. Access is super easy with parking next door at the American Legion for a fee. There is not a bad seat in the house and the sound was great. Concessions are very close to the seats. The bathrooms were also close and clean. All in all it has a very intimate and laid back vibe. Even though I'm from Tampa I will definitely be back to see more shows here. It's also nice that the beach and several nice hotels are very close.
Fantastic Amphitheater for listening and viewing your favorite artist. There are no bad seats. Wheelchair accessible, plenty of free parking, restrooms and concessions. Come to find out, this is one of the artists favourite gigs. All in beautiful St. Augustine, on A1A. Two miles from the beach, for a beautiful evening stroll, before or after the concert.
Really great place to see a show. Not a bad seat in the house. Great food and craft beers for lower than I paid for a bud light at camping world stadium. I would recommend this venue for anyone wanting to see a show at a great venue