Whetstone Chocolate Factory993 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 139 King Street St. Augustine, Florida 32084, St Augustine, United States
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9042170275
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Dozens of yellow green pods hung from the trunk and stem of the tree. The guide picked one of the palm sized fruit, and exposed chunks of the fibrous white pulp inside with his knife. This was the fruit of the cacao tree, with a mild taste, subtle, and bittersweet. Once the dark purple coloured seeds are dried and processed, they become chocolate beans. For the true chocoholic just the thought of that wonderful soft sweetness melting into the mouth is alluring, so visit the Whetstone Chocolate factory for sheer pleasure of witnessing how chocolate is made.
The sweet-smelling fragrances that come from Whetstone Chocolate's several stores and St Augustine Chocolate Factory beckon you to come inside and discover a chocolate paradise. In 1966, Whetstone Chocolate began as a small store selling ice cream and chocolates. Soon it grew into a large-scale operation with three stores in St. Augustine and a remarkable St Augustine Chocolate Factory open for tours.
Now the family became retailers of chocolates as well. The factory was previously located on Cordova Street and in 1984 they branched out into a 10,000 square foot factory. People from all over the United States come to the Whetstone Chocolate Factory, not only for their numerous varieties of fudge, ice cream, and sugar free varieties but what charms the audience are the chocolate dolphins and gators as well as delicious St. Augustine truffles.
The tour is twofold. The first step is to educate you on how chocolate is made, the growth, harvest and production of cocoa seeds. Second is to educate your palates to the delicate varieties of chocolate which define artisan chocolate. Taste freshly made chocolates and confections while you walk through the Whetstone Chocolate factory. The tour guides are informative, funny and tuned with the participants. They deliver information while keeping both kids and adults involved.
Whetstone Chocolate Factory Travel Tips
- Tours are limited to 25 people so reservations are suggested.
- Before the start of the tour, you have to ear hair nets.
- There is an introductory video.
- The sound of the chocolate making machine is loud, so be prepared.
- They are very generous with how many pieces you could have from the sample tray.
Entrance Ticket Details For Whetstone Chocolate Factory
- For Adult: $ 8
- For Child: $ 5.50
- Each adult ticket includes a $2 coupon towards purchase.
- Group rates and times of 15 or more are available.
Whetstone Chocolate Factory Hours
- Monday to Friday 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm, and 3:30 pm.
- Saturdays 10:00 am, 11:15 am, 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm, and 3:30 pm.
- Sundays 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:30 pm.
- Carmelo’s Marketplace: Pizza
- Barnacle Bill’s – Central Office: Seafood
- Georgie’s Diner: Diner
- Flavors Eatery: Lunch
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in St Augustine before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Augustine and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.86% of people who visit St Augustine include Whetstone Chocolate Factory in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
47.02% of people start their Whetstone Chocolate Factory visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Whetstone Chocolate Factory
83.23% of people prefer walking in order to reach Whetstone Chocolate Factory