World Golf Hall Of Fame125 Votes Currently Closed
The World Golf Hall of Fame is located at World Golf Village near St. Augustine, Florida, in the United States. It enshrines and honours both men and women by displaying memorabilia, sculptures, and plaques. You will learn about five centuries of golf tradition all housed under one roof. Let history indulge you as you learn more from the early days when golf was played with stick and ball forerunners to modern day game.
On May 19, 1998, the World Golf Hall of Fame opened in its new site in St. Augustine. Several participants of the inaugural class, including Palmer, Sarazen and Snead, were on the stage to welcome the first class for the new building: Nick Faldo and Johnny Miller. The Hall of Fame is a unique vacation destination because it is the core of the World Golf Village. People flock here to enjoy the luxurious accommodations with its added amenities.
The Village provides world class services. The Hall of Fame is supported by a consortium of 26 golf organizations from all over the world. World Golf Hall of Fame’s mission is to honour and preserve the history of this game and legacies of the people who made it happen.
Through interactive storytelling, exhibitions, works of art, audio, video and photography, the Hall of Fame reaches out to you and leads you through history, engaging your senses to appreciate the significance of golf and its members. It is a non-profit organisation supported by the Board of Directors from The European Tour, LPGA, the Masters Tournament, PGA of America, PGA TOUR , The R&A and USGA.
All the exhibits in the Hall of Fame show the struggle pioneers have faced from the late 19th century through to today. They are all statements of social justice and humanity. The special exhibit sculpture symbolizes the progression of golf. They show that in life as in golf, there is very little difference, between the races of mankind and that we all have a place in golf and in the world.
Another exhibit pays homage to Bob Hope looking at his devotion to the United States troops and the various ways he championed the game of golf. The Nancy Lopez exhibit highlights Lopez’s accomplishments on the course, showing the honest, appealing and entertaining personality that so deeply connected her to golf fans worldwide. Included in the special exhibits are History in the Making and Inductee Exhibits.
The Experience exhibits take you through the Hall of Fame challenge, where you participate in a game of golf to win. Further down you see the Class of 2012 Gallery, The Team Gallery, Golf Simulator, where you can play at the old course and visit the newly expanded and renovated Member Locker Room. There is a Recent Inductee Exhibit, Putting Course, The Royal and Ancient Game, Trophy Tower and finally the tour will end at The Wall of Fame.
World Golf Hall Of Fame Travel Tips
- Admission to the Hall of Fame includes entrance to the Museum (valid for the day of purchase AND the subsequent day), one round on the 18-hole, natural-grass putting course and two shots on the Hall of Fame Challenge Hole.
- An IMAX film may be added for $5 for general run films and $10 for special engagement Hollywood films.
- St. Johns County residents receive 30% off full priced adult admission with identification.
- Free children admission is valid for museum only. Children admission rates for IMAX® applies. Only one discount per guest.
- The World Golf Hall of Fame IMAX Theatre is attached to the Hall of Fame, both of which are in World Golf Village adjacent to the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Slammer & Squire golf course.
- Parking is located behind the PGA TOUR Stop and Caddy Shack restaurant. From this parking lot, follow the signs and walk along the lake towards the Hall of Fame tower.
- Wheelchairs can be borrowed at the box office and a license must be left as collateral. Unfortunately, we do not have electric wheelchairs.
- Cameras are allowed inside the museum.
- The Caddy Shack restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices and large portions.
- The Fairway Cafe is a little sandwich shop which serves a variety of sandwiches.
- The Gift stores have really nice T-shirts for a decent price.
- The volunteers at the museum have one thing in common, a passion for the game and meeting you.
- Donations that support the organization's most pressing needs and on-going mission programs are encouraged.
- When you shop the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum's Online Store, the proceeds support the mission of the Hall and its programs.
Entrance Ticket Details For World Golf Hall Of Fame
- For Adult: $19.50
- For Child: $5
- Seniors, Military & Florida Residents: (with valid ID) $18.50; Students (ages 13 and over with valid ID) $10; Children (4 & under) Free.
World Golf Hall Of Fame Hours
- The museum is closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Induction Day.
- The Museum observes holiday hours on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Caddyshack: American
- Fairways Cafe: Delicatessen
- Villagio Italian Grill: Italian
- Murray Brothers Caddy Shack: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in St Augustine before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Augustine and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.02% of people who visit St Augustine include World Golf Hall Of Fame in their plan
71.43% of people start their World Golf Hall Of Fame visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see World Golf Hall Of Fame
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting World Golf Hall Of Fame
World Golf Hall Of Fame Reviews & Ratings
We were in St. Augustine and my husband who loves golf was very interested in this attraction. To my surprise I really enjoyed the morning. The grounds are really beautiful and the Hall of Fame is extremely well done and engaging..even for non-golfer! It's well worth the visit. Be sure to stop at the Caddy Shack for a meal..it, too, is worth your time. Fun and reasonably priced.
Good news: Great venue location & golf courses. Not-so-good-news: I visited the World Golf Hall of Fame around 2000 and the gift shop was huge and chock full great gifts at reasonable prices. Now, the gift shop is the size of a large master bedroom and very limited in merchandise. So, go for the history, but not to take home any great memorabilia.
The World Golf Village is a lovely place to get in a nice walk. While there might not be a lot there right now, the grounds are well kept, the bathrooms are nice, and it's a nice quiet place to relax or take a quiet walk. The shuttle service that is available is wonderful as well. The drivers are always kind and if you get tired, you can request a ride to a portion of the Village. While it's not something they can control, the breeze is fantastic here so even when it's 102 degrees it still feels nice and is tolerable.
What a great joy to see the Hall of Fame. To learn about the men and women inductees and their background. The interactive exhibits and the scavenger hunt are great. A must for golfers of all ages.
Great way to follow how golf has progressed over the years. Would liked to have played the course but maybe next time.
Is there a golf course on site, if yes are tee times available 18,19,20 June? Are other golf courses in the area, if yes, please attach the web page.Answer Report Abuse
The golf course is available on the premises of World Golf Village and you can call them on (904) 940-6088 for information regarding the availability of tee times. There is Royal St Augustine Golf and Country Club as well and you can contact them on 1 800-643-1852. I am not sure about their official website though.Report Abuse
Do you need to buy a ticket in advance? Can you come in at any time to tour the HOF?Answer Report Abuse
The last ticket is sold at 5:15 PM during regular hours of the World Golf Hall of Fame. So, visit the hall before this time to get a ticket. However, I would suggest booking a ticket in advance, just to be on a safer side.Report Abuse
How is the parking and can you assist with a handicapped individual?Answer Report Abuse
The parking facility of the World Golf Hall of fame is behind the PGA TOUR Entertainment building. You may borrow wheelchairs at the box office while keeping your license as collateral. Electric wheelchairs are not available.Report Abuse