World Golf Hall Of Fame, St AugustineCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 World Golf Pl, St Augustine, FL 32092, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9049404133
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Golf Course, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Exhibition
About World Golf Hall Of Fame, St Augustine
The World Golf Hall of Fame is located at World Golf Village near St. Augustine, Florida, in the United States. It enshrines and honours both men and women by displaying memorabilia, sculptures, and plaques. You will learn about five centuries of golf tradition all housed under one roof. Let history indulge you as you learn more from the early days when golf was played with stick and ball forerunners to modern day game.
On May 19, 1998, the World Golf Hall of Fame opened in its new site in St. Augustine. Several participants of the inaugural class, including Palmer, Sarazen and Snead, were on the stage to welcome the first class for the new building: Nick Faldo and Johnny Miller. The Hall of Fame is a unique vacation destination because it is the core of the World Golf Village. People flock here to enjoy the luxurious accommodations with its added amenities.
The Village provides world class services. The Hall of Fame is supported by a consortium of 26 golf organizations from all over the world. World Golf Hall of Fame’s mission is to honour and preserve the history of this game and legacies of the people who made it happen.
Through interactive storytelling, exhibitions, works of art, audio, video and photography, the Hall of Fame reaches out to you and leads you through history, engaging your senses to appreciate the significance of golf and its members. It is a non-profit organisation supported by the Board of Directors from The European Tour, LPGA, the Masters Tournament, PGA of America, PGA TOUR , The R&A and USGA.
All the exhibits in the Hall of Fame show the struggle pioneers have faced from the late 19th century through to today. They are all statements of social justice and humanity. The special exhibit sculpture symbolizes the progression of golf. They show that in life as in golf, there is very little difference, between the races of mankind and that we all have a place in golf and in the world.
Another exhibit pays homage to Bob Hope looking at his devotion to the United States troops and the various ways he championed the game of golf. The Nancy Lopez exhibit highlights Lopez’s accomplishments on the course, showing the honest, appealing and entertaining personality that so deeply connected her to golf fans worldwide. Included in the special exhibits are History in the Making and Inductee Exhibits.
The Experience exhibits take you through the Hall of Fame challenge, where you participate in a game of golf to win. Further down you see the Class of 2012 Gallery, The Team Gallery, Golf Simulator, where you can play at the old course and visit the newly expanded and renovated Member Locker Room. There is a Recent Inductee Exhibit, Putting Course, The Royal and Ancient Game, Trophy Tower and finally the tour will end at The Wall of Fame.
World Golf Hall Of Fame Information
- Admission to the Hall of Fame includes entrance to the Museum (valid for the day of purchase AND the subsequent day), one round on the 18-hole, natural-grass putting course and two shots on the Hall of Fame Challenge Hole.
- An IMAX film may be added for $5 for general run films and $10 for special engagement Hollywood films.
- St. Johns County residents receive 30% off full priced adult admission with identification.
- Free children admission is valid for museum only. Children admission rates for IMAX® applies. Only one discount per guest.
- The World Golf Hall of Fame IMAX Theatre is attached to the Hall of Fame, both of which are in World Golf Village adjacent to the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Slammer & Squire golf course.
- Parking is located behind the PGA TOUR Stop and Caddy Shack restaurant. From this parking lot, follow the signs and walk along the lake towards the Hall of Fame tower.
- Wheelchairs can be borrowed at the box office and a license must be left as collateral. Unfortunately, we do not have electric wheelchairs.
- Cameras are allowed inside the museum.
- The Caddy Shack restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices and large portions.
- The Fairway Cafe is a little sandwich shop which serves a variety of sandwiches.
- The Gift stores have really nice T-shirts for a decent price.
- The volunteers at the museum have one thing in common, a passion for the game and meeting you.
- Donations that support the organization's most pressing needs and on-going mission programs are encouraged.
- When you shop the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum's Online Store, the proceeds support the mission of the Hall and its programs.
World Golf Hall Of Fame Ticket Prices
- For Adult: $19.50
- For Child: $5
- Seniors, Military & Florida Residents: (with valid ID) $18.50; Students (ages 13 and over with valid ID) $10; Children (4 & under) Free.
World Golf Hall Of Fame Opening and Closing Hours
- The museum is closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Induction Day.
- The Museum observes holiday hours on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
Restaurants Near World Golf Hall Of Fame
- Caddyshack: American
- Fairways Cafe: Delicatessen
- Villagio Italian Grill: Italian
- Murray Brothers Caddy Shack: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St Augustine before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Augustine and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting World Golf Hall Of Fame
10.97% of people who visit St Augustine include World Golf Hall Of Fame in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
48.92% of people start their World Golf Hall Of Fame visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see World Golf Hall Of Fame
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting World Golf Hall Of Fame
World Golf Hall Of Fame, St Augustine Reviews
I had s great time. Got to see all the trophies that the great players won. Got to read about all the famous woman golfers. It’s such an honor to be inducted into the hall. This is my 3rd time here and I would go back again
This is a fantastic place. Everyone who loves golf should visit this place. So much to see and do. I am glad I got to see it.
Our South African visitor loved the Hall of Fame, especially seeing her flag and her favorite player. And it was cool seeing my name on the leaderboard! Special thanks to Jess at the ticket counter for her cheerful demeanor and superb treatment of our threesome - we’ll be back!
Very disappointed, the staff was involved with themselves and ignored my family. We could not use the simulators because the staff was using them all. The par 3 hole was unmanned so we walk d away. All in all a big waste of our time and money. St. Augustine is a great place to visit, do not waste time at the Golf Hall of shame.
First rate. But I under-clubbed and put it in the lake. -:(
All QuestionsWorld golf hall of fame
Find places near World Golf Hall Of Fame, St Augustine
Wells Fargo ATM 3011 International Golf Pkwy1.561 km away
Suntrust Bank ATM 500 World Commerce Pkwy2.089 km away
ATM 1 World Golf Pl0.212 km away
ATM 500 S Legacy Trl0.294 km away
ATM 120 Center Place Way1.58 km away
Bank of America 100 E Town Pl0.669 km away
Fairways Cafe 1 World Golf Pl0.048 km away
Kilwins Ice Cream and Chocolates of World Golf Village 335 S Legacy Trl0.29 km away
Dairy Dugout 425 W Town Pl0.817 km away
World Golf Village 455 W Town Pl0.701 km away
New York Subs 425 W Town Pl0.788 km away
Shellfish Grille 705 Hortons Trce1.633 km away
Food For Thought At Wgv 275 S Legacy Trl0.345 km away
Sandbar Island Cafe 425 W Town Pl0.76 km away
Cypress Pointe Restaurant 500 S Legacy Trl0.294 km away
Murray Brothers Caddy Shack 455 S Legacy Trl0.267 km away
500 South 500 S Legacy Trl0.27 km away
Hall of Fame Bar & Grill 705 Hortons Trce1.634 km away
The Legends Grille 2 World Golf Pl0.2 km away
Village Grill & Subs 425 W Town Pl0.762 km away
Willard's Barbq Junction 125 Center Place Way1.526 km away
Black & Blue Grill 705 Hortons Trce1.633 km away
Burger King 3025 International Golf Pkwy1.693 km away
King Wok 425 W Town Pl0.771 km away
Subway 120 Center Place Way1.593 km away
Sbarro 125 Center Place Way1.543 km away
Villagio Italian Grille 500 S Legacy Trl0.266 km away
Cino's Pizza 425 W Town Pl0.807 km away
Augustinos Italian Restaurants 275 S Legacy Trl0.346 km away
Colorado Burrito Co. 125 Center Place Way0.789 km away
Colorado Burrito Company 210 Presidents Cup Way2.283 km away
Sam Snead's Tavern 275 S Legacy Trl0.498 km away
Sam Snead's Tavern and Restaurant 275 S Legacy Trl0.345 km away
Shell 120 Center Place Way1.576 km away
BP Center Place Way 1251.541 km away
Daily's 120 Center Place Way1.59 km away
- Attractions near World Golf Hall Of Fame
- Fort Menendez
- Best Western Historical Inn
- High Tide Art Gallery
- Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Basilica Cathedral
- Spanish Military Hospital Museum
- Fiesta Falls Miniature Golf
- Authentic Old Jail
- St Augustine Distillery Company
- Vilano Beach And Castle Otttis
- Wolf's Museum Of Mystery
- Dow Museum Of Historic Houses