St George Tourism
Nestled in southwestern Utah, St. George is one of the famous warm-weather retreats in the United States. From year-round adventures to historical tours, there are a plethora of activities that one can enjoy in St. George. Once inhabited by the Paiute tribe and Virgin River Anasazi, St. George has blossomed into a haven for all kinds of travelers looking for outdoor recreation and world-class amenities. The picture-perfect vistas of St. George combine with the wildlife scenes from the Mojave Desert, physiographic cliffs of the Colorado Plateau, and the Great Basin. St. George is considered the seventh largest in the state of Utah.
St. George is 118 miles from Las Vegas and 300 miles from Salt Lake City. Another thing that makes St. George’s environment pleasant is its proximity to several state parks and national parks such as Snow Canyon State Park, Red Cliffs Desert Reserve, and Zion National Park. This also indicates that the city provides a wide platform for hiking, canoeing, fishing, canyoneering and more. St. George was named after the 19th-century church apostle George A. Smith. Today, the city is home to the attractions like St. George Children’s Museum and St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm that make it an ideal family getaway.
Essential travel information and St George tips for your visit
- Time Zone- Mountain Daylight Time (GMT-6)
- Currency- US Dollar
- Electricity and Internet- Electricity is available at the rate of 120 Volts/50 hertz with plug type A / B. Utah Broadband Outreach Center
- offers free Wi-Fi service at public places in Utah.
- Languages- English, Spanish, Chinese
- Security- Common emergency number- 911; St. George Police Department- +1 435-627-4300; St. George Fire Department- 435-627-4150
- Tipping- From restaurants to hotels and parking valet to beauty salon, tipping is a customery thing in St. George. 15% of the total bill is considered normal.
St George Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for St George. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using St George trip planner.