Cape Spear Lighthouse, St. Johns
Cape Spear Lighthouse, St. Johns - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Blackhead Road, Route 11 (Cape Spear Drive), NL, Canada
Ticket Price: 4 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Cape Spear Lighthouse, St. Johns
Situated around 15 kilometres from the city centre of St. John’s, the Cape Spear Lighthouse is the oldest surviving lighthouse of Newfoundland province. It was designated a national historic site of Canada for its age and architecture. Constructed in 1836, it was restored to its former elegant neoclassical cube with dome structure by Parks Canada in 1950s. Step inside the structure to see the restored lighthouse and discover the life of a 19th-century lighthouse keeper.
Cape Spear Lighthouse Information
- Picnic facilities are available on site in season.
- Some areas of the property are wheelchair accessible.
Cape Spear Lighthouse Ticket Prices
- Adult (17-64): USD 3.90, Senior (65+): USD 3.40, Youth (6-16): USD 1.90
- Family (upto 7 people, max. 2 adults): USD 9.80
Cape Spear Lighthouse Opening and Closing Hours
- Cape Spear National Lighthouse Historic Site grounds are open year-round.
- Lighthouse timings: May 21st to June 10th: 10 a.m to 6 p.m. Closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- June 11th to September 3rd: 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
- September 4th to October 15th: 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
- Closed for season from mid October to Mid May.
How To reach Cape Spear Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Hiring a taxi or renting a car is recommended.
Restaurants Near Cape Spear Lighthouse
- Carrying picnic baskets with you is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St. Johns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St. Johns and book an accommodation of your choice.