East Coast TrailCurrently Open
- Address: East Coast of the Avalon Peninsula, St. John's, St. Johns, Canada
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7097384453
About East Coast Trail, St. Johns
For hikers and trekkers this is a must do. The East Coast Trail is a coastal hiking experience that takes you across towering cliffs and headlands, sea stacks, deep fjords, and a natural wave-driven geyser called the Spout. It provides access to abandoned settlements, lighthouses, ecological reserves, seabird colonies, whales, icebergs, world's southern most caribou herd, historic sites, a 50-metre suspension bridge, two active archaeological dig sites and many more natural wonders. The East Coast Trail links together 32 historic communities which provide services, such as accommodations, dining, transportation and entertainment. 265 kilometres of the Trail have been developed to a world class hiking standard- 45 km from Cape St. Francis south to historic St. John's, and 220 km from Fort Amherst, St. John's to Cappahayden on the beautiful southern shore.
East Coast Trail Information
- It is recommended that you start your hike early in the morning. If you are going on a night hike, please start by 5 p.m.
- Trail is free. Accommodation, food etc. is chargeable.
- Carry enough water and food with you. Also pack change of clothes.
- If hiking in the summers, don’t forget the humble sun screen lotion.
- Carry mosquito/ pest repellent cream with you.
- Please do not carry and valuables with you.
- Guided hikes are available. Please contact above mentioned number for the same.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St. Johns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St. Johns and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting East Coast Trail
95% of people who visit St. Johns include East Coast Trail in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
28.2% of people start their East Coast Trail visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see East Coast Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting East Coast Trail
East Coast Trail Map
East Coast Trail Trips
East Coast Trail, St. Johns Reviews
Well maintained and marked coastal trails. Large selection of short, medium and long hikes with variable difficulty. A must experience while visiting the Avalon. Soak in the salt water joys and breathtaking views - a priceless experience!
Trails cater to all range of hikers. Breathtaking views, clear markings and well maintained. If you are in Newfouland, even if you are not a hiker - check out the easy trails.
If you're visiting Newfoundland, this is an absolute must. The trails are well maintained and marked, as well the views cannot be beat!
Beautiful trails, for all skill levels, extraordinary views!
I haven't been lucky enough to complete the whole trail, but the sections I have done were amazing!!! Never disappointed and well maintained. After the rain some areas may be a bit slick or mucky but still passable. Can't wait to do more!! I'd give it six stars but they'll only allow five; so five it is!!
All QuestionsEast coast trail
- Skorup Kirke
- Skorup Sogns Menighedsråd
- Libraries – Fårvang Bibliotek In Fårvang
- KFUM & K I Fårvang
- Skorup Og Tvilum Sogne
- Simone Hoppe Dressage
- Tvilum Sogns Menighedsråd
- HD Camp
- Munke Bjergby Og Kirke Flinterup Sogne
- Ryttergårdens Rideskole
- Simon Nielsen Racing
- Museum Sønderjylland
- Galerie Erz
- Mjolden Sogns Menighedsråd