Events in St. John’s are always fun to attend. Here are some you should not miss.
- St. John’s Day Celebrations: Taking place on June 20th, the city’s birthday is celebrated through outdoor concerts and outdoor events throughout downtown. Free birthday cupcakes are distributed at the St. John’s Visitor Information Centre!
- Canada’s Big Birthday Bash: Celebrated on June 30th- July 1st, celebrations include entertainment line-ups, outdoor barbecues, busker performances and fireworks. On Canada Day (July 1st), the day begins with the Sunrise Ceremony at 6 a.m. at Signal Hill National Historic Site.
- Signal Hill Tattoo: During the Signal Hill Tattoo, the sounds of musket and cannon fire booms across St. John’s. It is a re-enactment of the final battle of the Seven Year’s War. It is performed by the Royal Newfoundland Companies from July to early August.
- George Street Festival: Taking place in late July and early August, this festival features five nights of live outdoor entertainment featuring some of Newfoundland and Labrador’s top acts.
- Buskers Festival: Held in August every year, clowns, magicians and musical talent come out into the streets to perform. The festival hosts many great acts throughout downtown area.
- St. John’s Halloween Mardi Gras: An annual event held in September, St. John’s Halloween Mardi Gras is an all-out-fun event with spectacular costumes, good music and great fun. It is held at George Street.
- Downtown Christmas Parade: Held at the end of November/ beginning of December, the Christmas parade has over 100 entries every year. It features marching bands and fantastic floats. A food drive is included in the festivities benefiting the Community Food Sharing Association.