Events and Festivals in St. Johns, Canada
Events and Festivals in St. Johns
Events in St. John’s are always fun to attend. Here are some you should not miss.
- St. John’s Day Celebrations: Taking place on June 20th, the city’s birthday is celebrated through outdoor concerts and outdoor events throughout downtown. Free birthday cupcakes are distributed at the St. John’s Visitor Information Centre!
- Canada’s Big Birthday Bash: Celebrated on June 30th- July 1st, celebrations include entertainment line-ups, outdoor barbecues, busker performances and fireworks. On Canada Day (July 1st), the day begins with the Sunrise Ceremony at 6 a.m. at Signal Hill National Historic Site.
- Signal Hill Tattoo: During the Signal Hill Tattoo, the sounds of musket and cannon fire booms across St. John’s. It is a re-enactment of the final battle of the Seven Year’s War. It is performed by the Royal Newfoundland Companies from July to early August.
- George Street Festival: Taking place in late July and early August, this festival features five nights of live outdoor entertainment featuring some of Newfoundland and Labrador’s top acts.
- Buskers Festival: Held in August every year, clowns, magicians and musical talent come out into the streets to perform. The festival hosts many great acts throughout downtown area.
- St. John’s Halloween Mardi Gras: An annual event held in September, St. John’s Halloween Mardi Gras is an all-out-fun event with spectacular costumes, good music and great fun. It is held at George Street.
- Downtown Christmas Parade: Held at the end of November/ beginning of December, the Christmas parade has over 100 entries every year. It features marching bands and fantastic floats. A food drive is included in the festivities benefiting the Community Food Sharing Association.
Trip plans for St. Johns
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
505 Views10 Days 9 NightsTrip to Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Banff, St. jBy: Brent JewellCity: Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Niagara Falls, Whistler, Banff, Kingston, St. John's, Mont-tremblant, Hamilton
St. Johns Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of St. Johns
Walking Food Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Experience a three hour walking food tour through the historical streets of downtown St. john's.Your guide will take you to f...Book Now
Newfoundland Puffin and Whale Watch Cruise 2 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Cruise to the incredible Witless Bay Ecological Reserve for your chance to watch puffins, whales, and icebergs (wildlife &...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Heart's Content
- Events & Festivals in Glovertown
- Events & Festivals in Deer Island
- Events & Festivals in Gander Bay
- Events & Festivals in Frederickton
- Events & Festivals in Loon Bay
- Events & Festivals in Boyd's Cove
- Events & Festivals in Montreal
- Events & Festivals in Toronto
- Events & Festivals in Vancouver
- Events & Festivals in Ottawa
- Events & Festivals in Niagara Falls
- Events & Festivals in Windsor
- Events & Festivals in Batchewana
- Events & Festivals in Caledon Village
- Events & Festivals in Balderson
- Events & Festivals in Paris
- Events & Festivals in Prague
- Events & Festivals in Rome
- Events & Festivals in Rio De Janeiro
- Events & Festivals in London
- Events & Festivals in Miami