The Rooms, St. JohnsCurrently Open
- Address: 9 Bonaventure Ave, St John's, NL A1C 5P9, Canada, St. Johns
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7097578000
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Historical Site, Exhibition , Heritage Building
About The Rooms, St. Johns
Dominating the skyline of St. John’s, The Rooms is Newfoundland and Labrador's largest public cultural space. It is a magnificent merge of history, heritage and artistic expression. The facility was opened in 2005 and houses the Art Gallery of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Provincial Archives of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Provincial Museum of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is a place where you'll find collections, exhibits and programs that tell stories of NL’s natural world through art, artefacts, archaeological displays, architecture and archival records. It also acts as a venue for outdoor performances and programs.
The Rooms Information
- Photography is permitted in the public atrium and third floor of the Museum only.
- The use of cellular phones is not permitted in any galleries or inside the Archives.
- Brief cases, backpacks and oversized bags are not permitted in the galleries or inside the Archives. Lockers are available at the information counter.
- The Rooms is a smoke free building.
The Rooms Ticket Prices
- Adults: USD 7.50, Seniors (60+): USD 5, Youth (6-16): USD 4.
- Entry for Childrens under 5 years is Free.
- Family (Max. 2 adults and 2 kids): USD 20.
- Free admission on Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- From October to May, free admission on first Saturday of every month.
How To reach The Rooms by Public Transport
- Bonaventure Avenue - The Rooms bus stop
- Military Road – Basilica bus stop
Restaurants Near The Rooms
- The Rooms Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St. Johns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St. Johns and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Rooms, St. Johns Reviews
The Rooms is a fantastic museum - very interesting spot with lots for both children and adults. They have featured exhibits (the schedule is available online) and activities for children. The price is a little steep but it's worth the price if you enjoy history. The building is large, clean and bright with large windows that host beautiful views. There's a small cafe on site, as well as a gift shop, and the parking lot is paid parking, with credit available on exit or a pay station inside. It's a great place to spend a few hours!
The lady at admissions was super friendly. My young boys had a great time exploring the animal area and asked lots of questions about everything else. We will definitely be going back.
We didn't have time to view all displays however great value for admission price. We visited on our way to airport and they were so kind to lock our luggage behind counter while we visited! Thanks. Great views of Harbour from top floor. Also interesting to have art gallery and museum in one place. Would definitely like to return.
Nice place with great views. We ate at the restaurant. Expensive but very tasty typical Newfoundland fare (fish cakes and cod tongues).
he view from the Rooms is absolutely beautiful, providing it's a clear day. The food is good and the service is friendly. A nice place to have lunch.