The Rooms442 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 9 Bonaventure Ave, St John's, NL A1C 5P9, Canada, St. Johns
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7097578000
- Ticket Price: 10 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Historical Site, Exhibition , Heritage Building
Dominating the skyline of St. John’s, The Rooms is Newfoundland and Labrador's largest public cultural space. It is a magnificent merge of history, heritage and artistic expression. The facility was opened in 2005 and houses the Art Gallery of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Provincial Archives of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Provincial Museum of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is a place where you'll find collections, exhibits and programs that tell stories of NL’s natural world through art, artefacts, archaeological displays, architecture and archival records. It also acts as a venue for outdoor performances and programs.
The Rooms Travel Tips
- Photography is permitted in the public atrium and third floor of the Museum only.
- The use of cellular phones is not permitted in any galleries or inside the Archives.
- Brief cases, backpacks and oversized bags are not permitted in the galleries or inside the Archives. Lockers are available at the information counter.
- The Rooms is a smoke free building.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Rooms
- Adults: CAD 10, Seniors (60+): CAD 6.50, Youth (6-16): CAD 5.
- Entry for Children under 5 years is Free.
- Family (Max. 2 adults and 2 kids): CAD 26
- Free admission on the first Wednesday of the month from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
How to Reach The Rooms
- Bonaventure Avenue - The Rooms bus stop
- Military Road – Basilica bus stop
- The Rooms Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in St. Johns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St. Johns and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.58% of people who visit St. Johns include The Rooms in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.49% of people start their The Rooms visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Rooms
90.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Rooms
The Rooms Reviews & Ratings
If the "Rooms" is in ST. Johns and St. Johns is in Canada and holds as you say "a magnificent merge of history, heritage and artistic culture" then why the f*#?! is admission in US Dollars? What a slap in the face!Answer Report Abuse
Hi Garry. Thank you for pointing that out. We have made the necessary changes and have also updated the ticket prices.Report Abuse