The RoomsCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: 9 Bonaventure Ave, St John's, NL A1C 5P9, Canada, St. Johns
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7097578000
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Historical Site, Exhibition , Heritage Building
The Rooms - Review
Dominating the skyline of St. John’s, The Rooms is Newfoundland and Labrador's largest public cultural space. It is a magnificent merge of history, heritage and artistic expression. The facility was opened in 2005 and houses the Art Gallery of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Provincial Archives of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Provincial Museum of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is a place where you'll find collections, exhibits and programs that tell stories of NL’s natural world through art, artefacts, archaeological displays, architecture and archival records. It also acts as a venue for outdoor performances and programs.
The Rooms Information
- Photography is permitted in the public atrium and third floor of the Museum only.
- The use of cellular phones is not permitted in any galleries or inside the Archives.
- Brief cases, backpacks and oversized bags are not permitted in the galleries or inside the Archives. Lockers are available at the information counter.
- The Rooms is a smoke free building.
The Rooms Ticket Prices
- Adults: USD 7.50, Seniors (60+): USD 5, Youth (6-16): USD 4.
- Entry for Childrens under 5 years is Free.
- Family (Max. 2 adults and 2 kids): USD 20.
- Free admission on Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- From October to May, free admission on first Saturday of every month.
How To reach The Rooms by Public Transport
- Bonaventure Avenue - The Rooms bus stop
- Military Road – Basilica bus stop
Restaurants Near The Rooms
- The Rooms Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St. Johns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St. Johns and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Rooms
95% of people who visit St. Johns include The Rooms in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
57.65% of people start their The Rooms visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Rooms
92.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Rooms
The Rooms Map
The Rooms Trips
The Rooms, St. Johns Reviews
What a space! NL has outdone itself with a museum that does an incredible job of sharing their rich and colourful history. We were lucky enough to take in an exhibition of their contributions or more appropriately, their sacrifices of the Great War, particularly the Battle of Beaumont-Hamel. This was made special with the help of descendents of those who served in a variety of capacities including nurses and foresters as well as soldiers, recounting their family members role, contributions and the price they paid. Things are always changing at The Rooms but there is something for everyone. From cod to music, Cabot to Confederation and beyond, their stories are told through art and artifacts.
Wonderful place to go for our wonderful history from the beginning to now. Not expensive to visit. Fabulous views is old St. JOHNS and a restaurant on the third floor for great food. Food is a little on the expensive side.
Ordered the lunch special which was the lamb burger. Texture was soft and complimented well with a delicate mayo sauce. Very well done and different take on burger. Great view as well over the city and compliments to the service being on point.
The museum was great, but didn’t have as much historical content as there could have been. Too much dead space or gimmicks rather than historical pieces. Aren’t there more things to talk about or explore? There must be. Bonus points for having galleries within the building.
Great museum! Not only is it brand new, but the exhibits are diverse and very educative. Particularly the one about the first world war. It is very inexpensive compare to museums in big cities and the view from the second and third floor is great. I recommend!
All QuestionsThe rooms
- Bahnhof Drosendorf
- Gertrude Kirrer
- Baha'i Religionsgemeinschaft Mödling
- Neuberger Peter U Elisabeth - Weingut
- Kunsthandel Hannes Weiss
- Galerie Im Ersten Stock - Kunst Im Raum
- Stadttheater Mödling
- Puppen- U Spielzeug-Museum-Mödling
- Mödlinger TC
- Nicolas - Eine Art Galerie
- Schulbücherei D. BG Mödling