The Rooms, St. Johns
About The Rooms, St. Johns
The Rooms, St. Johns - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 9 Bonaventure Ave, St John's, NL A1C 5P9, Canada
Ticket Price: 8 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Educational Site, Historical Site, Exhibition , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Dominating the skyline of St. John’s, The Rooms is Newfoundland and Labrador's largest public cultural space. It is a magnificent merge of history, heritage and artistic expression. The facility was opened in 2005 and houses the Art Gallery of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Provincial Archives of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Provincial Museum of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is a place where you'll find collections, exhibits and programs that tell stories of NL’s natural world through art, artefacts, archaeological displays, architecture and archival records. It also acts as a venue for outdoor performances and programs.
The Rooms Information
- Photography is permitted in the public atrium and third floor of the Museum only.
- The use of cellular phones is not permitted in any galleries or inside the Archives.
- Brief cases, backpacks and oversized bags are not permitted in the galleries or inside the Archives. Lockers are available at the information counter.
- The Rooms is a smoke free building.
The Rooms Ticket Prices
- Adults: USD 7.50, Seniors (60+): USD 5, Youth (6-16): USD 4.
- Entry for Childrens under 5 years is Free.
- Family (Max. 2 adults and 2 kids): USD 20.
- Free admission on Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- From October to May, free admission on first Saturday of every month.
How To reach The Rooms by Public Transport
- Bonaventure Avenue - The Rooms bus stop
- Military Road – Basilica bus stop
Restaurants Near The Rooms
- The Rooms Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St. Johns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St. Johns and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Rooms, St. Johns Reviews - Write a Review
We didn't have time to view all displays however great value for admission price. We visited on our way to airport and they were so kind to lock our luggage behind counter while we visited! Thanks. Great views of Harbour from top floor. Also interesting to have art gallery and museum in one place. Would definitely like to return.
Amazing museum. We easily spent half of a rainy day in there. That is with two kids and few people that didn't eve know English, the art portion speaks for itself. Very unique presentation style I haven't seen in any other museums.
The building itself is really cool, as are the exhibits inside. The staff and volunteers are really kind and enjoy giving you extra tips about the museum. We went on a Wednesday evening and it was beautiful to watch the sun set from inside. We easily spent two hours here and could have spent more!
combines an amazing review of newfoundland history and natural history with a terrific art gallery over several levels. I especially enjoyed the detailed artifacts and photos of life in small town and remote villages. The four story building is an attraction by itself, featuring expansive open spaces, amazing views toward St. Johns harbour, and a beautiful restaurant. There is also a moving tribute to those who served in the military.
A museum that combines art, history and culture under one roof, thus Three Rooms. It has a wonderful exhibit of Newfoundland military history from WWII when Newfoundland was not part of Canada and fought as a unit of the British Army, with devastating consequences. Excellent for group tours.
- Nearby Attractions
- Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic Site
- Bannerman Park
- Pippy Park
- Cowan Park
- Johnson Geo Vista Park
- Blue Moon Pottery
- Maritime History Archive
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Fort Amherst
- National War Memorial
- St. Johns Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in St. Johns
- What to See in 48 Hours in St. Johns
- What to See in 72 Hours in St. Johns
- How to Spend 5 Days in St. Johns
- How to Spend 6 Days in St. Johns
- How to Spend 7 Days in St. Johns