Fort National495 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 60 Chaussée du Sillon, 35400 Saint-Malo, France, St-malo
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-672466626
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
The island on which this Fort stands is called Îlette. Once, a lighthouse stood here, and an execution ground. Later, in the 17th century, under the King’s orders, they built a fort here to augment the city’s defences. In WWII, they fort was taken over by Nazis who briefly held over a hundred locals prisoner; these were later released. These stories, and other tales of military life at the fort will be narrated to you. Though it’s a famous monument, and you can visit it easily during summer, there’s not much to do here. The only way to see the fort is by enrolling in a guided tour. Call the attraction to arrange for one.
Fort National Travel Tips
- You can only visit the island at low tide.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort National
- EUR 3 – 6-16 years of age
- Free for under 6
- EUR 4 for groups of adults
Fort National Hours
- Opening hours may vary widely from day to day and month to month. For extensive timing information, check the PDF on the attraction website.
- Largely closed October – March, with only a few open days before June.
- Guided tours, which are mandatory, last about 40 minutes.
How to Reach Fort National
- Walk to the fort at low tide.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in St-malo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St-malo and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.34% of people who visit St-malo include Fort National in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
46.45% of people start their Fort National visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Fort National
91.69% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort National