Les Remparts De Saint-malo, St-malo
Les Remparts De Saint-malo, St-malo - Address
Address: Porte Saint-Thomas, 35400 Saint-Malo, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.6K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Les Remparts De Saint-malo, St-malo
The city walls were mostly built in the 18th century by French architect Vauban. There are multiple places (stairs) where you can climb up to or down from the walls. With fantastic views over the old town, the sea and the coast, this is easily the city’s most popular attraction. One of the more popular places to start the climb is at St. Thomas’ Gate. As you walk the walls, you should take in the following:
- The Fort Nationale
- The Bidouane Tower
- Robert Surcouf’s statue. He’s pointing at the British Army.
- The Quebec House – Saint Malo’s Canadian legacy.
- Out to the sea, you should be able to spot the islands of Grand Be and Small Be.
- Bon Secours Beach
- The Bastion of Holland, and the statue of Jacques Cartier, discoverer of Canada.
- The Porte de Dinan harbour
- The Bastion Saint-Louis, and the statue of Duguay-Trouin.
- The home of Alfeld the Pirate
On the whole, if you stroll leisurely and don’t go inside any building, a loop of the walls should not take you more than an hour.
Les Remparts De Saint-malo Information
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Best to start your tour from the castle before heading out to the ramparts.
How To reach Les Remparts De Saint-malo by Public Transport
- You’ll have to walk to here.
- Ask the locals for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St-malo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St-malo and book an accommodation of your choice.