Les Rochers Sculptes326 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Chemin des Rochers Sculptés, 35400 Saint-Malo, France, St-malo Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-299562395
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
This is one of the city’s most surreal attractions – a series of carved, grotesque heads that face out towards the sea.They were crafted by Father AdolpheFouré, who was struck deaf and mute after a stroke, and retired to Rotheneuf. For some inexplicable reason (perhaps he was inspired by the legends of the pirates along this coast), he took chisel to stone here. For thirteen years between 1984-1907, he worked on transforming this 500 metre square of coast in to a strange outdoor fresco of about 300 statues. Some of these figures, such as Jacques Cartier and Saint Budoc, are recognisable, but others are not. Wind and sea-spray are slowly wearing away these rocks now.
Les Rochers Sculptes Travel Tips
- To get there, go past the Le Benetin restaurant, the carpark, till you sea a small wooden hut, where you can buy the tickets. Then it’s a bit of a scramble over rocks to get to the carvings.
- Not accessible to the disabled.
Entrance Ticket Details For Les Rochers Sculptes
- Free for under 10.
How to Reach Les Rochers Sculptes
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in St-malo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St-malo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Les Rochers Sculptes Address: Chemin des Rochers Sculptés, 35400 Saint-Malo, France, St-malo
- Les Rochers Sculptes Contact Number: +33-299562395
- Les Rochers Sculptes Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Les Rochers Sculptes Price: 3 EUR
- Best time to visit Les Rochers Sculptes(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Les Rochers Sculptes: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
56.21% of people who visit St-malo include Les Rochers Sculptes in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55.26% of people start their Les Rochers Sculptes visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Les Rochers Sculptes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Les Rochers Sculptes
People normally club together Plage Du Sillon and Fort National while planning their visit to Les Rochers Sculptes.