This is the other half of the historical collection shared between the St. Malo Castle and the Solidor Tower. Most of it’s permanent exhibition is concerned with St. Malo’s most famous personalities, usually intellectuals or sailors. There’s a dungeon and a covered walkway. The first floor has a Gobelin’s tapestry, and a 17th century chapel. Other highlights include:
- Accounts of historical lifestyles and industries such as fishing, oyster farming, tobacco farming.
- Antique furniture.
- Portraits and statues.
- Accounts of voyages for Newfoundland; accounts of the slave trade.
- A 15th century model of the city.
Musee D'histoire De La Ville Travel Tips
- Best to start your tour of the castle first, before heading out onto the ramparts.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee D'histoire De La Ville
- EUR 15 for families.
- EUR 3 for kids 8 – 18 years; students.
- EUR 4 for groups of 10.
- Free for under 8 and the disabled.
- Check out the website for combination tickets for attractions such as the Memorial orManoir Jacques Cartier or the Historical Museum.
How to Reach Musee D'histoire De La Ville
- You’ll have to drive to here.
- Ask the locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in St-malo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St-malo and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.47% of people who visit St-malo include Musee D'histoire De La Ville in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
76.92% of people start their Musee D'histoire De La Ville visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Musee D'histoire De La Ville
92.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee D'histoire De La Ville