How to Reach Stavanger, Norway
The Easiest Way to Reach Stavanger
HOW TO GET TO STAVANGER
- By Air: The Stavanger Airport is 20 minutes away from the main city with frequent flights to and from major cities in Norway. There is a shuttle service from the airport to the city.
- By Train: Getting to Stavanger by train is not only cheaper but also very scenic. The journey takes around 8 hours from the city of Oslo.
- By Bus: Buses ply from Oslo with stops at Kristiansand, Arendal, Sandefjord. However, this mode of travel would be more expensive than if you travel by plane or train.
- By Car: You can also take the E39 route from Bergen or Kristiansand.
- By Boat: You have the option of taking a boat from Haugesund and the journey will take you 1.5 hours.
HOW TO GET AROUND STAVANGER
- By Bus: Stavanger has a convenient bus service. You can catch one from the main bus terminal. Buses are wheelchair accessible.
- By Train: Taking the local train is also an option if you are travelling from the city centre to the southern parts. There are trains leaving for Sandnes every 15 minutes.
- By Taxi: Taxis are a more expensive mode of travel but convenient nonetheless as they are plenty of taxi companies operating in Stavanger.
Are you looking for a Stavanger travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Stavanger
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Stavanger. The most preferred mode of transport in Stavanger is Car.
Average distance: 8.55 km Average time: 25.47 min
Car 40%Driving 14.67 min Walking 1.17 min Overall average time for 9.83 kms 15.83 min
Bike 13.33%Bike 55 min Other 10 min Overall average time for 17 kms 65 min
Bus/Trolleybus 33.33%Bus 15.2 min Waiting 3.8 min Walking 2.2 min Overall average time for 5.56 kms 21.2 min
Walking 13.33%Walking 17.5 min Bike 4 min Waiting 2.5 min Bus 1.5 min Overall average time for 3.75 kms 25.5 min
How to Reach Stavanger from Nearby Cities
|Håvik to Stavanger||62.24 km||1 hour 2 mins|
- How to reach Sagvåg
- How to reach Bømlo
- How to reach Bergen
- How to reach Kleppestø
- How to reach Grimstad
- How to reach Flam
- How to reach Porsgrunn
- How to reach Eggedal
- How to reach Flå Municipality
- How to reach Alesund
- How to reach Geiranger
- How to reach Oslo
- How to reach Tromso
- How to reach Lillehammer
- How to reach Kirkenes
- How to reach Tresfjord
- How to reach Eikefjord