Ledaal71 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Eiganesveien 45, Stavanger 4001, Norway
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-51842700
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Exhibition
King Schanche Kielland, and his queen Johanna Margaretha Bul of Norway established their summer residence in Stavanger and named it after the last letters of their nick name i.e. Ledaal.
The residence was built between 1799 and 1803. In 1936 Stavanger Museum acquired the place. Ledaal’s beauty lies in its core. The monument is built of high quality brick imported from the Netherland.
Do ensure you have a guide to assist you here. The museum’s guides are very skilled and know all there is to learn about Norwegian history. There is also a small house at the right corner of the building; it was occupied by Alexander Kielland, the famous Norwegian author. Though he didn’t make much use of the house but you should visit it to see its splendid interior of this place.
Ledaal Travel Tips
- Prams or baby carriage is not allowed inside the site.
- The place is not facilitated for disabled access; however the staff can arrange necessary requirement on prior information.
- This place is open by prior appointment.
How to Reach Ledaal
- Bus No. 27 Bus Stop: Stavanger Stadion
- Dolly Dimple’s Kilden
- Patrioten Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Stavanger before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stavanger and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.91% of people who visit Stavanger include Ledaal in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
55.88% of people start their Ledaal visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ledaal
73.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ledaal