- Address: Stavanger, Norway
- Phone: +47-51703660
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Observatory, Educational Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Lysefjord - Review
Situated close to Stavanger, Lysefjord is known for its mesmerizing mountain formations of Kjerag, lysefjord and Preikestolen or “The Pulpit Rock”. A southerly "big fjord" in Norway, it is famous as the pearl of Fjord Norway. The name Lysefjord itself indicates it to be a light fjord, and was carved out of glaciers in the ice age, later to be flooded by sea when the glaciers retreated.
It is a particularly popular tourist attraction for day trips, with tourists cruising the full distance of the fjord, and many taking a hiking trip to Kjerag Mountain, to view the magnificent drops.
- Best way to see Lysefjord is to take a cruise or sightseeing boat.
- During summers catch a bus from Stavanger to Lauvvik, and then a tourist ferry to Lysebotn for the fjord. Also you can take a ferry from Stavanger to Tau, anthen a bus to Preikestolen fjellste.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stavanger before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stavanger and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lysefjord
95% of people who visit Stavanger include Lysefjord in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
67.33% of people start their Lysefjord visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Lysefjord
94.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lysefjord
Lysefjord, Stavanger Reviews
- Newport Pagnell Town Football & Social Club
- William Hill
- Bury Field
- Rolec Electrical / R4 Sound Light & Vision
- Newport Pagnell United Reformed Church
- St Peter C Of E Church
- Ousebank Gardens
- Hallaton Caravan Site
- Middlewood Way
- Bollin Locality Youth Work Team
- St. Oswalds Church
- The Anglican Church
- Joan A Bradley
- Inland Voyages
- St. John The Baptist Church