Stavanger School Museum21 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hillevagsveien 82, 4016 Stavanger, Norway Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-51585372
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Norway boasts of this unique museum which specializes in school history. Visitors, especially school kids visit this place for its exceptionally good collection of old and new education equipment used in 19th century. The museum has a rich collection of ancient artifacts, photographs and textbooks.
The museum was established in Kvaleberg School Building, country’s most prestigious and oldest academic institution. Students can enjoy its ambulatory classroom environment. Kids, who visit the facility in groups, can benefit from the open-air lessons with role playing and dressing up in antique school outfits.
The museum also organizes workshop of arts and crafts like woodwork, needlework and drawing. Beside the workshop area, you can see an exhibition hall that runs a show called ‘From Answer to Imagination’.
Stavanger School Museum Travel Tips
- For student group, call the museum authority in advance to make necessary arrangements.
- The science workshop area is under renovation.
- Open by prior appointment only.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Stavanger School Museum
- Bus no. 1, 2, 3, 75, N82 and N83 Bus Stop: Kvaleberg Skole
- Dolly Dimple’s Kilden
- Patrioten Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Stavanger before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stavanger and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Stavanger School Museum Address: Hillevagsveien 82, 4016 Stavanger, Norway
- Stavanger School Museum Contact Number: +47-51585372
- Stavanger School Museum Timing: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Stavanger School Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Stavanger School Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.59% of people who visit Stavanger include Stavanger School Museum in their plan
60% of people start their Stavanger School Museum visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stavanger School Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stavanger School Museum
People normally club together Stavanger Botanical Garden and The Norwegian Children's Museum while planning their visit to Stavanger School Museum.