Are you looking for what to do in Stavanger?
PLACES TO SEE
- Lysefjord: Lysefjord is one dramatic fjord located very close to Stavanger. You should see the view from a boat because the view is absolutely spectacular. It embodies the best of Norway tourism.
- Old Stavanger: A walk through the narrow, cobbled streets of this beautiful part of the city is sure to refresh you and take your breath away.
- Norwegian Petroleum Museum: Don’t underestimate the place because of its boring name! This museum explains how oil and gas are discovered and how they are used. A visit to this Stavanger tourist attraction is interesting and informative.
- Stavanger Cathedral: One of the best-preserved medieval cathedrals in Norway, built in the year 1125. It has spectacular architecture and a visit will be worth your while.
- Swords in Rock: An impressive structure, three Viking sword hilts coming out of the ground, representing peace, unity and freedom. A great place for a nice, quiet walk when the weather is pleasant.
- Flor og Fjaere: A beautiful flower island located 20 minutes away from the harbour by boat. An absolute must-see.
- Rodne Fjord Cruise: This tour company sets up fantastic excursions to the beautiful Lysefjord and the Pulpit Rock. Trips are tailormade and include cruising and ski boats.
- Lighthouse Safari: Heading out from the main harbour in Stavanger, the tour introduces you to Norwegian lifestyles, and ends at the Lighthouse Museum.
Below we have a list of things to do in Stavanger and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Stavanger getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Stavanger with confidence.