Helshoogte Pass, Stellenbosch
About Helshoogte Pass, Stellenbosch
Helshoogte Pass, Stellenbosch - Address
Address: Between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, South Africa
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
View Point, Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Nature, Road
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A road-trip lover’s dream come true, the Helshoogte Pass was built in 1854 and is the oldest pass in Cap Town. It is fondly known as ‘Hell’s Heights’ due to the panoramic view of the mountain peeks which grace every turn of the pass.
If you want to see a photo-shopped live version of some of the best road stretches in the world, the Helshoogte Pass will not disappoint. Rent a car in the city and drive the pass as you soak in the sun and the play of shadows of the mountains.
Helshoogte Pass Information
- Carry water and snacks with you.
- Rent a car if you can drive and have an International Driver’s license.
How To reach Helshoogte Pass by Public Transport
- Rent a car.
- Hire a metered taxi.
- Hire a private taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stellenbosch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stellenbosch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Helshoogte Pass, Stellenbosch Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Spier Wine Tasting Centre
- Clouds Estate
- Blaauwklippen Wine Estate
- Dornier Wine Estate
- Schoon De Companje
- Oude Werf Hotel
- Dwarsrivier Valley Tourism
- Stellenbosch Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Stellenbosch
- What to See in 48 Hours in Stellenbosch
- What to See in 72 Hours in Stellenbosch
- How to Spend 5 Days in Stellenbosch
- How to Spend 6 Days in Stellenbosch
- How to Spend 7 Days in Stellenbosch